Some shots in the rain:

Difference in color with Duplicolor Fabric Spray:

Sound system:

Comments? :)

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sound dampening (also placed some fiberglass insulator between the car and the carpet:

I'm going to try to get some better shots of my car at a later date. :) I'll wash and wax it and then find some nice alone time with my car and I out in a field.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks pretty good so far...I like the difference with the fabric spray, pretty noticable. is it basically spray paint for fabric?
Pretty much. I noticed that the back seat head rests were basically turning purple tinted from the UV rays in the back windshield. That's when I went researching about the fabric spray. I used about 3 cans to lay 2 thin coats on all seats and the floor mats. It added a little bit of stiffness, but it is loosening up now.

All I have to do is wait and see how durable the color will last. I hated how they were a faded black.

It may be a spray paint, but nowadays its pretty hard to discredit spray cans now. It's basically a designated liquid for a specific use in a compressed can of aerosol. I went to Advanced Auto (my store of choosing) and found a can for nearly any project.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics of the primed AIT front bumper:

Paid someone 7 hours to get it mounted and primed even though he did a crappy job priming it and now I have to get the paint shop to reprime it.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
gonna look good when its all said and done!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Teaser pics until I get a camera and detailed:

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if the Eibach kit will keep my car from scraping the front lip on ramps and bumps? It should lower the front by 1.3" but the springs will be stiffer. Would I have to get bigger rims to raise the car half an inch as well? That wheel gap is killing me lol.

Yes I became a careful driver when the bumper was put on.

Any one have any experience or tips on this?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little minishoot I made when I saw the perfect spot at my workplace:

Tell me what you guys think :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks great. I always wanted that bumper but never had the cash. The AIT bumpers were the best part of that kit, I'm just not a fan of their hood. MPD is so much nicer. For a second there I thought you didn't install the fog lights because they are so far back in the bumper. Did you order directly from the AIT website?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't installed the fog lights :p I have to get the paint fixed before I go and cut into the fog light area to install them.

I ordered from like Aitracingkits.com or something similar

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven't installed the fog lights :p I have to get the paint fixed before I go and cut into the fog light area to install them.

I ordered from like Aitracingkits.com or something similar
That explains it! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Looks good, may have to do this mod in the future

·
Phantom Warrior
80 Posts
Does the AIT bumber automatically come with recessed mesh?? What did it cost you to have it installed and painted? I have to get a new bumper for Jennifer. (I named my 6)

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The bumper came with thin silver-colored diamond shaped mesh. It gives it a recessed look which is nice. I paid $300 for the bumper with $150 shipping. $300 to get it mounted since it is fiberglass and no local bodyshop is willing to touch it. You have to get someone who specializes in fiberglass to fit it. Then it was $550 to get it painted. It's a big total. I'd only recommend doing it if you broke your previous bumper.

We could never get my bumper to fit perfectly. If you look closely, you can see the bumper droops a little. It hard to notice though. Also, there are small things up close that you can notice in person. I can take pictures if you want. Other members on G6P attest that it fit perfectly for them (two cases). The bumper also lowers the front end by some degree. I want to get Eibach springs, but I'm afraid at how much clearance I will have.

·
Phantom Warrior
80 Posts
Would it be possible to take a close up pic of the front bumper and wheel so I can see the clearance and what not. Know what I mean?

I dont have to replace the bumper right away, but she was just recently in a little bender and now the bottom is bent down and in, setting my headlights off. Also cracked the black molding underneath. 2-3 MPH and all that happened. Crazy!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New air intake and cleaned engine bay. Matching couplings.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.