Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ac in my 06 g6, 2.4l is not cold at all. I was thinking that maybe the freon (or whatever it is called) was low, so I bought a can of DIY ac recharge. When I hooked the tubing up to the low pressure port of my car, it is showing that it is completely filled (around 40-45 PSI). Not wanting to cause damage, I didn't try adding any, due to fear of overfilling. When I hit the ac button in my car, it makes an "airy" type noise like it is working. So, any ideas on what could be wrong? I appreciate all feedback!:banana:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Unless you have a set of A/C gauges & the knowledge of how to use them my advice is to take it to an A/C shop. The A/C system is just not very DIY-friendly.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
greenman is right on the money here. I've fiddled with my AC on my old car and it was a hassle. I ended up blowing more money on tools and wasting so much time. Would've been cheaper to go to a shop. Granted the problem with your G6 is probably not as severe it's still a tricky system.

You can at least make sure the AC is clicking on, When you turn it on do you hear the compressor click on? If so then it could be a problem with the little doors and such in the dash itself. Not something directly related to the AC system... Although a pressure problem could still let it kick on but not function correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts