Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 pontiac g6 gt and I'm having air conditioning issues when the air conditioning is turned on I get hot air out of 3 vents and cold air out of 1..
my question is does it sound like a blend door actuator and if so how do I get to this to replace it

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just did a little test. When I switch it from to cold to hot I can hear the actuator switching the door. Doesn't sound broken. Can I get to it by taking out the glove box and bottom panel under dash? just had the AC system pressure tested evacuated and recharged. Everything tested good other than the driver vents blowing hot air and the passenger vents blowing cool air. Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The temperature valve actuator is fairly accessible after pulling out the glove box. I just not convinced that's the problem. In my experience, in a single zone system, low refrigerant causes the symptom you're describing so I really don't know what to tell you. PM me with an email address & I'll send the how-to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its odd because it was just tested and filled. Guess they could have screwed me over and not filled it. What do you think of using the r134a cans with the gauge from auto zone or where ever? Hate to pay for another recharge if I can do it myself. Thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah its odd because it was just tested and filled. Guess they could have screwed me over and not filled it. What do you think of using the r134a cans with the gauge from auto zone or where ever? Hate to pay for another recharge if I can do it myself. Thanks
So I'm guessing you took it there for this problem originally & they did not solve it. Is that right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I'm guessing you took it there for this problem originally & they did not solve it. Is that right?
Yeah I hung out with the guy at the shop as he was evacuating and recharging it... once recharged it would blow cool air out of passenger vent where before it was totally hot air. He suggested something else was wrong as he successfully recharged the freon. It appeared that he knew what he was doing... he had r134 tank hooked up to his machine for awhile transferring refridgerant. He did say the system was over charged... he had to evacuate more than normal... I know there is a sensor that stops the system from running if it is overcharged... could this be the problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so yesterday I changed the temp control from cold to hot back and forth several times listening to the actuator... and today the AC works great. Must have jarred it loose by switching it back and forth... thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi greenman,
2009 G6 GXP with auto temp control. Need to change out vent blend door actuator. is the procedure similar to manual type replacement?
Thanks,
Burt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts