Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this a big problem or not but I'm on a trip to go see a family member 3 hours away. I'm about 2 hours in had cruise control at 75. I slowed down for traffic and when I accelerated it felt like it jerked when trying to get higher rpms. Kinda like the jerk when your about to kill manual. (It's an auto) I didn't think anything of it till i was in a town going slower nadir did it again at a lower speed. Could the 110 degree heat and me driving for 3 hours have anything to do with it?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I would think the heat could have something to do with it, And having the A/C on as well, I'm fairly certain the PCM alters the way the engine runs to prevent damage to the compressor.

Any check engine light or did you scan for any codes?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No lights or codes. I made it to the place and it's cooling off now. We'll see if it just had to do with the heat. Hopefully as I've only had it since February and just hit 80k.

·
Token Asian
28 Posts
Have you ever had your trans fluid changed? If you haven't being at 80k the detergent in the trans fluid might have burnt up and that heat just only makes it worse to the point where it kind of just sloshes around. So start with that maybe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever had your trans fluid changed? If you haven't being at 80k the detergent in the trans fluid might have burnt up and that heat just only makes it worse to the point where it kind of just sloshes around. So start with that maybe.
Okay thanks. I'll check it out.

·
Keep it factory baby!
100 Posts
When my car did that it was a solenoid valve stuck open. It jerks like someone rear ending you when shifting gears? My car didnt give a check engine light either.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Dealer, they said there was a code in the history. The cel never came on though. In fact, they didn't even find it until they caught the car doing it.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of codes the control modules can set that won't light up the CEL or anything else in the cluster.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm new to all this. So how would I go about finding a fix. Dealer I'm guessing? It has 83k

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'm new to all this. So how would I go about finding a fix. Dealer I'm guessing? It has 83k
If your powertrain warranty hasn't yet expired, you should get the issue documented by a dealer before it does. Unfortunately, you'll have to pay a dealer diagnostic fee (around $100). Yes, it's a racket.

If it has expired, any tranny shop can read any tranny code that may have popped. Call a few & ask what a diagnosis cost. If there are no codes & they can't easily reproduce the complaint, who knows what they'll tell you.

I'd get the fluid&filter changed which may help.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At the dealer just went for a drive with the guy and tech 2. There wasnt any codes and as usual nothing ever goes wrong when you have someone figure out what's wrong. Decided to see if it worsens and take it back if it does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts