Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting on the on-ramp to the freeway yesterday and I was slamming on the pedel ALL THE WAY and my car would not accelerate! This has happened twice since I bought my car 3 months ago. I'm taking it to the dealership after the holiday so they can take a look at it...anyone know what could have caused this??

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
s1cgtp said:
I was getting on the on-ramp to the freeway yesterday and I was slamming on the pedel ALL THE WAY and my car would not accelerate! This has happened twice since I bought my car 3 months ago. I'm taking it to the dealership after the holiday so they can take a look at it...anyone know what could have caused this??
Since the G6 GTP has ETC, there may be a problem with the potentiometer or sensors associated with the ETC. :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
The day I took the G6 in to drop it off (forever) I was pulling out of the car wash and nailed the gas to get on the highway... for ~ 10 seconds nothing happened. AT ALL.

Electric Pedal seems to be the culprit (happens on the GTO cars too)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was driving my car in manual shift mode at the time this happened. I found that if you just down shift it'll get a jump and acceleration will pick up quickly. But, that was just my solution to my problem. could vary from type of G6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts