Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Active SQ Build `08 GT Coupe

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  boomer 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a slow build. I am building it when time off work permits. What I am building is a full active sound quality stereo. It will have 8 speakers, 3 amplifiers, a DSP and a Double Din head unit. I am doing a 2010 gauge cluster swap to move the DIC to the dash so I can retain it. I am swapping out the steering wheel controls and the A/C controls as well. I am using a simple Metra Double Din dash kit. I will be using the Axxess XSVI-2103-NAV wiring harness with the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control adapter. I will be using the Kenwood eXcelon DMX 706S DD Head Unit. Primary fuse is a Stinger 300amp Circuit Breaker.

The doors will be housing the SilverFlute 6.5" midwoofers, the Digital Designs 2.75" Midrange drivers, and the Alpine SPX-17pro Tweeters. I am using U.S. Acoustics amplifiers and a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP. Distribution blocks are Knukonceptz and RCA cables are Knukonceptz. Speaker wires and Power cables are SkyHigh Car Audio. SPDIF optical cable is Knukonceptz. USB cable and Ethernet CAT7 cable are shielded and have gold connectors. There will be NO rear speakers. Subwoofers are a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 dual 4ohm subs in a 3.0 cubic feet enclosure, slot ported and tuned to 28hz. This enclosure will fire directly into the cabin of the car. The rear lower seat has been removed for an amp rack and the backrest removed for the sub enclosure.

Primary media will be lossless wav and flac files stored on a portable solid state USB drive.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I pulled most of the stereo out of the Jeep... I am going to transfer some items to the G6. I am going to run my single DIN Kenwood to mock up the system before I buy the double DIN head unit. I have both dash kits so I might as well start with what I have on hand. I still have to buy one more Punch P3 10".

Attachments

#3 ·
I made the new wire harness for the Pontiac. I think it looks clean. The harness will be permanent until the new Kenwood gets here and I have to splice THAT harness into this one. I took my time, spliced all the wires together and used heat shrink on each individual wire, then I wrapped all of it in exterior Tesa tape.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
I got the head unit in, ran the six channels of RCA cables... those were fun but they are very well hidden and run along the right side of the center console with the remote wire. My buddy and I ran out of daylight so we stopped for the night. I will finish the install tomorrow by myself. The 0awg power cable is going to be a pain in the ass.

On the list for tomorrow:

Install the Stinger Circuit Breaker near the battery.
Run the power cable.
Run the speaker wires.
Fabricate the ground.
Install the amplifiers.
Install the subwoofer.

I swear to the God of Car Audio, I will have amplified sound coming out of my speakers by days end tomorrow!! I also realized that my Barbara Ann can be run band pass on channels 3/4 in stereo. So I am going to set her to about 70hz on the low side and 3K @12db on the high side for channels 3 and 4 and channels 1/2 will run my tweeters and I will set those to High Pass at 3K @12db. This is going to be nasty loud lol... I will have to attenuate the tweeters in the head unit for sure. Each SilverFlute 6.5" and each eXcelon tweeter will have it's own 100w RMS channel. Poor lil tweeters lol.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.