Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a XM add on unit for sale that looks to be a Delco part. Looks like there is a cable that connects it to the head unit. Has anyone added one of these? Where was the factory part mounted? I'm thinking in the back as the factory antenna mounted in the "trunk" deck. Any info would be appreciated.

Steve

·
2007 gt retractable
281 Posts
if you have a black box in the middle of your trunk lid you already have xm.i didn't realize i did at first.

·
2007 gt retractable
281 Posts
The XM radio module mounted in the trunk behind the carpet that covers the bulkhead to the rear seats. In the picture you will see the Monsoon amp on the right and the XM module on the left. Please excuse my Bluetooth hack...
which xm wires are the speaker wires?i need an aux input too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boomer,

Thanks for all the help. I think I will buy one of the Delco add on units off of ebay. Want to get rid of the roady. I'll have to check and see if all the connecting wires are already there. Then rig up an antenna. You hardwired a bluetooth receiver in as well? Guess no need for aux.

Best,

Steve

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was not prepared to subscribe to the XM service. I am happy with Spotify. The Bluetooth effectively replaces the XM radio by cutting into the line out of the XM unit and taking power from the antenna control (the only one the seemed to switch with the ignition). Now when I select the XM preview channel I get Bluetooth audio from my phone.

·
2007 gt retractable
281 Posts
i need to set up a bluetooth unit too.my phones headphone jacks screwed up.i can't find a bluetooth set up to hard wire yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts