Pontiac G6 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
if you're only going to push 900W just stick with your 1000W amp. No sense wastin money just for the sake of it;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
i thought it was more like 115A but i really have no idea. I'm currently running a 1600W amp at 800-900W for my sub and a 127W at 60-70W amp for my speakers and have minimal light dim on the stock alternator and stock battery
Alternator ratings are al follows: (rated/load test output)
'05 - 128/89
'06 (all trims) - 125/87
'07 - 2.4, 3.5, 3.9 - 125/87
'07 - 3.6 - 155/108
'08+ - ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 06. A 1600 watt amp and 2 12" subs. I saw some posts on here about it being too much on the battery and alternator. I have a Pioneer double din headunit too, if that makes a difference. But was wondering if it was too much on my alternator?

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
does the dash feel hot, feel the face by the ac buttons...if thats hot after a drive then yes your pushing to much power through there.

in my car my deck heats up and restarts...

·
Registered
48 Posts
does the dash feel hot, feel the face by the ac buttons...if thats hot after a drive then yes your pushing to much power through there.

in my car my deck heats up and restarts...
What Size of amp are you running that makes it heat up that much? and do you have a capacitor? and for Tay Tay have you checked out if your car heats up with your 1600 watt amp? Our cars have a pretty big alternator, if you have a decent size battery to take all the recharging we should be fine. If you keep the lights off in the car and keep the dash dim down try and reserve as much power as possible and you should be fine but let me know how hot your car is getting because I am most likely going to get a 1600 watt amp aswell.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
i got a 1600W amp and it barely heats up. Just depends on the one you get because my 4channel amp heat up alot.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
there is some. but its very minimal. i only notice it when im parked close to a wall or something. btw, your dash shouldnt be getting hot if your amp is in your trunk. seems as though something else is wrong.

·
Registered
42 Posts
there is some. but its very minimal. i only notice it when im parked close to a wall or something. btw, your dash shouldnt be getting hot if your amp is in your trunk. seems as though something else is wrong.
My dash (stereo and AC buttons) has heated up ever since I got my 06 G6 GT. That's with stock everything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey guys i need some serious help picking out an amp for my 15" alpine type R, it calls for 750 RMS and i am on a very tight tight budget. i have found a few and am worried.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_25235_Lanzar-MAXP1200.html

theres that one it says it puts out 900 watt RMS at 2 ohms which would be perfect and it has 3 30 amp fuses so its not lieing about the 900 watt rms,

I also found a used kenwood 9104D but i was told kenwoods have problems like crazy about pulln way to much power wreckin ur alternator and blowing subs, over heating etc. and the kenwood is double the price

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
How tight is your budget? The first one seems pretty good. Hard to recommend you other amps without a budget ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
How tight is your budget? The first one seems pretty good. Hard to recommend you other amps without a budget ;)
ha true sorry man, my budget is 150 dollars total so like after shipping and border fees, i know its pretty low but im a poor 17 year old with a nice first car lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also threw my Sub and box up on Kijiji for sale or trade, and have been offered 12W1v2-4 its a 12" JL sub with slim box, or 2 10" kaption Cl's + 100$ what do you guys think? i need some help deciding or if i should just buy an amp for it

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
the W1 isnt any better than your type r so i would just keep it.

with your tight budget you best bets for an amp are likely one in the link you had. Or something like these:

Power Acoustik CPT1 1500
Kenwood KAC 8104D
Power-Acoustik CPT1 2000

If you'd be willing to spend $150 before taxes and all that stuff, i would recommend this amp. Hifonics HFi1000D. IMO its worth the extra $$ over the other ones i have given links for. It will be a better quality amp aswell.

If you want a different sub, i would just wait a bit and buy a JL 12W3 when you can afford it. My buddy has one and it pounds plus sounds amazing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the W1 isnt any better than your type r so i would just keep it.

with your tight budget you best bets for an amp are likely one in the link you had. Or something like these:

Power Acoustik CPT1 1500
Kenwood KAC 8104D
Power-Acoustik CPT1 2000

If you'd be willing to spend $150 before taxes and all that stuff, i would recommend this amp. Hifonics HFi1000D. IMO its worth the extra $$ over the other ones i have given links for. It will be a better quality amp aswell.

If you want a different sub, i would just wait a bit and buy a JL 12W3 when you can afford it. My buddy has one and it pounds plus sounds amazing.

what about the 2 10 inch kaption subs and 100 bucks? but thanks for all the other stuff ill take a look

·
Registered
48 Posts
So i took a look at all those amps the first 2 cant power it, that power acoustik apparently over heats like crazy. and The hifonics would come to 200 bucks so ill look into it tho seems decent , better brand thanks man

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
no problem. although the hifonics is a little above your budget, it is definitely the best option without spending a bunch more

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
forgot to respond about those subs. i personally wouldnt go for them. At least not without hearing them first. I was reading some forums about them, and there seem to be some negative opinions on them. mostly about the quality not being so good and them not lasting long.

BTW. all of those amps i posted would work with your type r. i wouldnt have posted them if they wouldnt;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
forgot to respond about those subs. i personally wouldnt go for them. At least not without hearing them first. I was reading some forums about them, and there seem to be some negative opinions on them. mostly about the quality not being so good and them not lasting long.

BTW. all of those amps i posted would work with your type r. i wouldnt have posted them if they wouldnt;)
okay thanks then ill keep the alpine, and there out puts too small the amp and the sub would just heat up, better to over power then under power a sub

61 - 80 of 110 Posts