Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2007 Pontiac G6. The problem that I’m having with it is that the factory radio has an issue with CDs. Whenever I put in a CD, it plays just fine, but when I attempt to eject it, it stops playing the music, makes clicking sounds, and gets stuck in the player. I was thinking about getting the CD player itself repaired, but I’m not sure about that because not many places can fix them and it would cost too much. I was wondering if it’s possible to somehow hook up an AUX port to a factory Pontiac G6 stereo. Then I would still be able to play music from my phone or some other device. I was thinking that you can plug something up in the back of the factory radio to get it working, but I am just wondering if it’s possible, how much it costs, and if it the driver information center would still work. I could replace the radio altogether, but I learned that if I do that, I would lose the driver information center, which I want to keep, and hopefully, adding an AUX port would be cheaper. I just want to know if this is possible and if it would create problems for my car. What do you think my best option is? Sorry if anything was mentioned in any other topic. I really don't know anything about this at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd suggest a bluetooth FM transmitter that would allow you to go direct from your phone to radio wire free..lots of them out there..For my daughter's 2009 G6 I bought one of these for her from Amazon.ca, iClever Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter ..works great..added benefit is hands free for phone..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I does, All you have to do is plug into your stereo antenna, and hardwire to a fuse. you can use an add a fuse they work good and only cost about 5 bucks.
Thanks a lot for your help. How was the sound quality for you when you use it? I noticed Sunset Chuck suggested a wireless FM transmitter and it sounded great at first, but I looked it up and found out that they often have connection and sound quality issues. Does it sound like how it does when listening to CDs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
re FM transmitter...had to reconnect once..since then works great..quality will be dependent on how you store your mp3's..itunes does allow high quality but has to be selected from program..the only reason I went this way was to avoid having to pull apart the dash, etc. I may do this someday soon as the G6 has an aftermarket (Sony) unit that does have an AUX input and seems there is a wire loose to the front speakers..we did not pull out the Monsoon, it came this way when purchased used..personally..wired connections are always better so if you have the time do it like waterfowler 76 has suggested...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re FM transmitter...had to reconnect once..since then works great..quality will be dependent on how you store your mp3's..itunes does allow high quality but has to be selected from program..the only reason I went this way was to avoid having to pull apart the dash, etc. I may do this someday soon as the G6 has an aftermarket (Sony) unit that does have an AUX input and seems there is a wire loose to the front speakers..we did not pull out the Monsoon, it came this way when purchased used..personally..wired connections are always better so if you have the time do it like waterfowler 76 has suggested...
Thanks a lot for the assistance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows how to fix a stock cd/radio that will not play or eject cd any more just makes clicking noise? Is it shot or is there something that can be done? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth or Add AUX port?? Which is easier?

I just bought Roav Viva to use Alexa in my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT. Since it is a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT, it does NOT have an AUX port on it.

My question is would it be easier AND cheaper to add an aux port to my factory radio or get some sort of Bluetooth transmitter to play through the Monsoon audio system on my radio?

I will have to have someone else do the work, since I don't know what to do.

Also if I have the factory radio taken out and install a new one with an AUX port, what's the best place to have that done, Best Buy, Crutchfield, or elsewhere. I live in SE Michigan near Detroit.

Thanks for all the help.

fcolando

1 - 12 of 12 Posts