Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 G6 v6 which has the single cd head unit in it. I purchased a while back on ebay a Belkin Tunecast3 but it is really annoying when driving into different towns to find a station to play my Zune tunes without static :/ I was wondering if theres a way to simply add a Aux port somehow to the stock head so i can easily plug any mp3 playing device in there...

I don't have the monsoon system so I don't have the built in one.. if there was no easy way of going about this, would it be better to change out my stock ish for a monsoon system as if i bought it with that or should i just go aftermarket and get totally different equipment?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
What jack

I have an 07 Convertible with the Monsoon. I wish there was a jack. Is this the only 07 built with a premium sound system that doesn't have one. I should have asked!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2007 with the Monsoon and had iPod integration by AXXESS installed and it works great. I can connect an iPod or I can use the AUX and plug in any MP3 player. It's about $300 installed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That was for both parts and labor...I had it done at a local car audio store. They didn't even carry anything for the G6 until I called them and told them about the AXXESS unit. They had the unit and required accessories in stock in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh ok cool. How did they install it? Did they put it in the center console? And i looked 4 it on ebay but didnt really know what i was lookin 4, so is there a special cite that u found it on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picture of the finished product would be nice :)

i'm stil undecided as to whether i should get a similar kit with the stock (non monsoon) system, get an aftermarket radio w/ metra kit, or just get aftermarket radio and say goodbye to the gmlan bs

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Monsoon system is the upgrade audio system and if I'm not mistaken is standard on GT and GTP models. The reason it's such a pain to find integration for the Monsoon is that the driver's information center (yes I said DIC) is integrated into the head unit and it's all that inbred technical fm (friggin magic). The AXXESS unit is mounted behind the dash near the head unit and the cord can be run to several locations like the glove box or the center console (mine comes out of the storage pod in front of the shifter). If you talk to a reputable shop they should either have it in stock or be able to get it easily.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
You can not control your iPod from the steering controls by using the Aux.

Wish you could. That would be sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys and gals i have a / about the monsoon system does it have a sub in the g6 gt coupe if so where is it ??

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's also the iSimple kit for this, which I what I bought. It lets you connect (and control using the stereo and steering wheel) an iPod. It also has AUX input and supports an HD Radio receiver, too.

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/
I got this kit too and it's AWESOME!! All controlled from factory buttons on the stereo and steering wheel. It was a simple install, but not easy. There is A LOT to remove to get to the stereo, but well worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts