Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents,

I have recently purchased a 2007 G6 for my wife. The car is almost perfect but the only thing it is missing is the steering wheel controls on the right side of the steering wheel. It would be a nice feature to have.

I know from past experience that the wiring harnesses for options like this are usually present in all cars. For example, cars without power seats will generally have the harness under the rug. In my old Camaro there was an option for a 12 disc changer in the truck that I did not have. I pulled back the carpet and the harness was right there, so I just bought a changer and plugged it in and it worked great.

Having said that, has anyone added it on their G6? The cars that I looked at that did have the controls appeared to have the same exact stereos, so I assume if the harness is there I can just buy the trim and buttons and everything should be good to go. I figured I'd ask first before I waste my $$ though :)

Thanks in advance,
Dope

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa, thanks. Not sure why I couldn't pick that up on Google but good info. Seems easy enough!

Thanks,
Dope

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
parts direct
Harness #15825417 $11.11
Switch # 15942439 $11.35
Bezel # 15825427 $38.03

$158.35 for everything at the dealer
$81.38 at GM parts direct

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey

hey just wanted to know how to add steering wheel controls when my g6 was equipped without it from factory. How can it be done and the steps involved? need some help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts