Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new to this forum. Just bought a 2009 G6 sedan in Feb 2010. It's still covered under the manufaturers BB warranty. I've got my old system from my Cavalier I want to put in my G6. It's MTX 2 12" subs 600 RMS, along with MTX 6001 AMP with a 5 Farrad cap. I'm keeping the everything else stock and just buying the RCA outputs for the original HU. I'm wondering how likely GM will deny any warranty work related to electrical with this set up. I'm not going to be running the system on full by any means, but are they any foreseeable electrical problems that could arise from this?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Your fine unless your system messes up the car somehow and if they can prove it was the system that caused the problem. Other than that you're fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not that GM would cover it anyway ;) But if any problems arise out of your alternator, it'll more than likely be caused by the system. However, them proving its your fault is a completely different story if you know what i mean. (Remove the system if anything happens)

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
ive gone into the dealer multiple times with issues...they tried to pin the sub and amp on me for my accessories ports being blown multiple times...which doesnt make sence to me. but no..they wont even bother you about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts