Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2010 (2009.5?) G6, base model. The sound system doesn't have XM radio which, for me, is a must-have.

Is there any way I can get XM through the stock radio, short of replacing the entire unit? Just logically, it seems as if there should be a module or something similar I could buy and install.

Thanks for your help!

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
If you have On-Star chances are you already have the XM antenna as its part of the antenna base. The wiring may also be there so literally all you'd need to do is plug in a factory XM module ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have On-Star chances are you already have the XM antenna as its part of the antenna base. The wiring may also be there so literally all you'd need to do is plug in a factory XM module ;)
Sweet, thanks. Now, where could I get a factory XM module? Dealer? Online somewhere?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so it seems to me, I have everything necessary for XM besides the XM module and antenna. Is there anything preventing me from buying a Pontiac/GM XM module and basic XM car antenna? Hook the module to the radio, antenna into the module, voila, satellite radio?

Or am I missing something?

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts