Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and didn't see much information on these. I believe this option was intended for shorter drivers who might normally need pedal extenders. The reason I'm asking this is I frequent the local Pull-N-Save wrecking yards and I've seen one car that had them (now long gone).

Questions:
1. Has anyone here ever retrofitted their car with adjustable pedals?
2. I don't necessarily have interest in these myself, but would there be any demand for these by anyone here should I see another car fitted with them? (I'd hate to have them crushed and gone if someone wanted them. I'm not looking to make money here, just save the parts.)

I don't know if I could get all the parts and harnesses out or not, but I'll look out for them and give it a go if someone has interest.

Mark

·
Registered
120 Posts
My opinion is that it's a useless feature. Yes my wifes GT has them and even for her short stature, would just move the seat ahead(I can't even get into the car). She leaves the pedals at the normal position. My04 Town&country has them too and never use them either, even when the wife drives it.
Unless in dire need of the option, it would be a pretty awkward swap to do, much less the electricals.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Frankly I think the swap would be difficult. Removing the parts from the parts car seems like it would be more challenge than I would want mark. I think that I might have pictures from under the hood of a car with and without. Seems to me adding in the ABS and other items the effort might no be worth it. I will attach pictures if find them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I could not find the pictures that I am thinking about. My cars, red and sweet both have them but babe does not. I don't mind the power peddles but for me I am comfortable enough without them. But for the shorter drivers I can see merit in having them. I truly admire and appreciate your offer Mark. I still don't think I would take this on Mark.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We had them on ours, and used them regularly. It allowed us to have the mirrors basically stay in the same spot after adjusting the pedals and seat. Not huge, but helpful. However, I would not pay to retrofit them myself, as I don't think they were needed. The replacement car does not have them, and it's been fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 05 had that feature but honestly I only used it a couple of times. My 10 doesn't have it nor would I want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts