Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to raising the aim on my foglights to just below the headlights and WOW, what a difference it made :D !! I've been lazy with the weather being so cold and no place to do it indoors at the moment so with the weather being semi-mild I decided to jump at the chance. Enclosed are some pics of the lights now, and just so people know.. yes I did change the bulbs but even with the new bulbs when they were aimed low they didnt project nearly half as much light! The pics arent the best but you should definatly notice a difference, espeically of the pic with just the foglights on aimed at the wall!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I finally got around tonight to adjusting the fogs up a bit...it took all of 5 minutes...4 of which I spent trying to find the right size allen key. :) I look forward to seeing how these improve nighttime vision when I leave for work in 3 hours. :) Ah crap, I should go to bed shouldn't I!

·
Registered
423 Posts
SimplyRed said:
Well I finally got around to raising the aim on my foglights to just below the headlights and WOW, what a difference it made :D !! I've been lazy with the weather being so cold and no place to do it indoors at the moment so with the weather being semi-mild I decided to jump at the chance. Enclosed are some pics of the lights now, and just so people know.. yes I did change the bulbs but even with the new bulbs when they were aimed low they didnt project nearly half as much light! The pics arent the best but you should definatly notice a difference, espeically of the pic with just the foglights on aimed at the wall!

hey, SimplyRed.....love those RED dash lights, how'd you do that? inquiring minds want to know.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what color are yours... thats the way my dash has glown since the day I got it... mines a 2006 though I see yours is an 05? Maybe the difference?!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used Luminics Ultra White H11's (both the fog lamp and lowbeams are H11's). The easiest thing to do is get both the low beam and foglamps at the same time, and if you have some exta money to burn the high beams too (H9's). Remove the 2 mounting screws from each headlight and the body pins from the facia (I think theres about 6, the ones when you open the hood). Now it says to use 2 people to remove the headlamp but I did it myself by being carefull not to scratch the car or break the facia but it will come out. Theres a little ball and socket connector that holds in the headlamp, the fist time u get it to pop out its a bitch but it will come out just work it and dont be afraid to be a little agressive, when you do the first one you will see what I'm talking about... To change the high/low beam its pretty self explanatory from there, and if u look straight down the hole of the headlight you can see the foglamp, switch them than. The only PITA side is the pass beause the air box inlet is directly above the foglight (I had my girl do it=small arms hahahaha). Wheeew, I think that about sums it up in a nutshell lol... sorry so long winded, but wanted to be helpfull lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
sup..

sup nice lights quick newb question tho.. what do u mean by rising the fog lights?. and what exactly did u do . thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
lokoo said:
sup nice lights quick newb question tho.. what do u mean by rising the fog lights?. and what exactly did u do . thanks.
There is a hole above the fog light. Put an allen key in the hole and turn. there are clicks so count them and do the same # on the other side. Just so you know, my pas side is brighter than my drivers side. Don't know why but it is probably a safety thing. Do it and take a drive. Huge difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts