Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with a stock 08 g6 gt with the sun & sound package. since then I have removed all badges, swapped every incandescent bulb to a 5000k led, installed kicker speakers all around, switched to 17" cobalt ss rims, installed a k&n intake, and done some painting of trim around the car. I have 2" lowering springs going on this week, and due to a car accident the car is getting a gloss black roof wrap, and a clear matte finish on the rest of the body (for a matte burgundy). recently built my front bumper to fit 2011 mustang gt fogs, build splitters on each side and added a chin spoilder. future plans include a double din touch screen, infinity speakers and tint.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's not a rally car haha everything is good, just get rid of those fogs

·
Registered
290 Posts
Honestly i like them. Adds a nice touch to the g6. Something that nobody has ever done. Looks good man!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I'm sorry admins, but I have to say it. Oh my ****ing god.... What have you done????

Well... Looks like it was bleeped out. Oh well, you get the message.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm all for constructive criticism but I don't think you need to belittle me. I have the projectors on the way so I don't think a week of hids is going to kill anyone.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I'm all for constructive criticism but I don't think you need to belittle me. I have the projectors on the way so I don't think a week of hids is going to kill anyone.

I'm not trying to belittle you, I'm sorry. I'm just a huge advocate on not putting HIDs in reflector housings.

Are you retrofitting both the fogs and headlights?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
It'd different.
It may not be some peoples style but I agree there's no reason to belittle you.
Dom if you don't like it then don't post. Don't start swearing and making him feel like crap about it.

Personally I think the fogs are a bit much, but overall It isn't really that bad. I bet you can see awesomely at night.

Are you going for any theme? I kind of like how it has a rally look to it. But I'd try to do some bumper work around those fogs.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
It's different.
It may not be some peoples style but I agree there's no reason to belittle you.
Dom if you don't like it then don't post. Don't start swearing and making him feel like crap about it.

Personally I think the fogs are a bit much, but overall It isn't really that bad. I bet you can see awesomely at night.

First of all, I apologized for seeming like I was trying to belittle him.

Second of all, I was upset towards the HIDs, not the foglight housings.

I couldn't give any less of a crap about the housings. I agree, if that's what he wants then so be it. He just shouldn't put HIDs in those huge things until he retrofits the projectors in them. It's inconsiderate to other drivers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kind of a rally car theme. I have different plans for the bumper as it's going to be replaced. The car is getting a clear matte finish (for a matte burgandy) this upcoming week and a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof. The fogs and heads are getting projectors with black or color matched housings, I haven't decided yet. Oracle halos are available for both housings so those are an option too. The stock fogs were nice but I hated the fact that the headlights in this car are massive and the fogs only added to that because they are so small.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Kind of a rally car theme. I have different plans for the bumper as it's going to be replaced. The car is getting a clear matte finish (for a matte burgandy) this upcoming week and a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof. The fogs and heads are getting projectors with black or color matched housings, I haven't decided yet. Oracle halos are available for both housings so those are an option too. The stock fogs were nice but I hated the fact that the headlights in this car are massive and the fogs only added to that because they are so small.

Thank god haha.

I'm truly sorry for seeming like I was crawling up your rear end about the HIDs. Things would've been better if I knew at first that you were going to retrofit projectors in your lights. This whole thing will blow over eventually.

Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you decide to sell that bumper though, Keep me in mind. I know some awesome body shops around here that could fix it nicely and i would love to get that if you end up selling!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts