Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Pontiac G6 2007 6 cylinder I was having a problem very minor but serious where I would be driving in my RPM would go up-and-down by about 200 just to down up down a few times or I would drive highway and the rpm would drop just a bit almost not noticed if it was some1 who didnt kno my car. Well I done massage air flow Sensor change I changed fuel pump air filter u name it. So I went to change my Coolant air temperature sencer so I did, but as you already know this car has no petcock so I cant drain coolant properly. it drained from the CTS witch is fine just that I put the new 1 in and I started putting new coolant in the Reservoir the cat was on so I could let coolant go down then refill i only filled it once while waiting i deleted the codes that was on and as soon as I did that the cars rpm went sky high so high I had 2 shut it off then now it wont start I waited 2 days checked 2 see if coolant was gone so I could refill but it only went down maybe less then half. I started the car and it sounded like it would die then rpm up then almost die then rpm up did that for a hot minute I put the car drive and I could feel motor jumping. What the hell is my problem

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not really conversant about electronic throttle bodies but there is something else that can pull the throttle wide open. Cruise control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to find the bleeder, so I now have bleed the air outta the system and there was quite a bit of air. Now that's done, my car just wont start no ignite just keeping trying and when it does so it over floods itself... so now it wont start bc its its overwhelming with gas mix. I read online that the coolant temperature sencer sends a signal to the Ambient Air Temperature sencer. and when its reading wrong it stops the car from starting or a very hard start. I'm getting closer to the answer just hope someone on here can help with what I gave. please help..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I read online that the coolant temperature sencer sends a signal to the Ambient Air Temperature sencer. and when its reading wrong it stops the car from starting or a very hard start.
No. The sensors do not exchange data.
The sensors collect data, send it to the ECM, which then makes a decision on proper ratios of spark and fuel for sensed conditions.
* RPM fluctuation while at speed could be torque converter clutch engage/disengage.
*Why did we replace all these things?
*What codes and lights were on before, and what codes and lights do we have now?
Idle fluctuations can be vacuum related, are all the lines connected properly? -or- the massage (mass) air flow sensor is mentioned, what happened there? Hunting idle makes me consider whatever the MAF is reading isn't accurate to reality.
Codes are a big part of figuring this out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts