Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had my Pontiac G6, 2007 for a few years and it’s run perfectly fine but it’s been a few months it’s acting strange. I crank it up and I go from point A to point B. When arrived I turn the car off but if I try to turn it on immediately it won’t turn on. Now if I wait awhile “like a long while” (till it cools off) it will turn on again and run perfectly fine till I turn it off again. It’s been doing this for a months and for some reason no one seems to find the problem. What have I done? Well I’ve
1. Replace the starter
2. Replace the alternator
3. Replace the battery
And the problem continues. Please help me I love my car and my wife doesn’t want me to use it because of its problem besides every time it won’t turn on I call her to pick me up. ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quite a problem. What is the average temp where you are? How far is "point A to point B"? How long ago were these parts replaced? AND do you mean it will do nothing electrically or it will work the starter to spin the engine, but the engine will not "fire up" ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
When I had a hot "crank but no start" problem on my Jeep it turned out to be an intermittent Camshaft Position Sensor. To be fair I replaced both the crankshaft and camshaft sensors on separate occasions as the problem could have been either. In my case it was replacing the camshaft sensor that finally fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I had a hot "crank but no start" problem on my Jeep it turned out to be an intermittent Camshaft Position Sensor. To be fair I replaced both the crankshaft and camshaft sensors on separate occasions as the problem could have been either. In my case it was replacing the camshaft sensor that finally fixed it.
Hmm I have a hot "no crank no start" but at this point I might try the crankshaft sensor. Thanks ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
No crank, no start is likely different problem. When cranking without starting it was likely due to the ECU not knowing the rotational position of the engine in order to fire up. If yours is not cranking, would look elsewhere and I see from another thread you mention replacing the starter motor and battery. I believe the starter motor comes with the starter solenoid attached so that would have been replaced as well. A simple check for a bad or failing ground would be to use a jumper cable between the battery ground and engine block when the car usually wont start. Otherwise you might be on the right track in the other thread where you are considering bad cables, fuse or relay. this thread might help

Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car is doing this. I just put a new computer on mine and it did not fix the problem at all. Im so frustrated with this car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wht did you finally figure out?
Nothing yet but my mechanic thinks its the starter getting to hot and not letting it start back or its a wiring issue, which is most likely what it is because I've had all kinds of electrical issues with this car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts