Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I recently purchased an 07 G6 GT Convertible for my wife. I have been trying to figure out how to get the "Audio Input" to work and now need some help from you.

If I am not mistaken, this is an after market Audio Input (down by the shifter), right? The switch lights up when it is on, however, I do not know how to get the radio to recognize it. I try cycling through the sources, but only get CD and XM (which I don't subscribe to).

If anyone is familiar with this type of switch and knows how to get the radio to recognize it, please let me know!!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
190 Posts
When you're in XM mode, try playing with the on/off switch while you have iPod/mp3 player hooked in and running. My iSimple iPod input uses the XM mode to get the stereo to play the iPod music.

If that doesn't work, try playing your iPod/mp3 player and flip the on/off switch in all modes, including the radio and see what happens.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
If it has a power switch, it is almost certainly an FM modulator (and yes, it is aftermarket). Try checking for memory presets on the FM bands to see if if works on one of those frequencies when the power is on, or worse case use the scan buttons on the radio.

~ MattInSoCal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts