Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time for me to change my brakes. I always wanted to upgrade to something that has a little more style. I found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone has these or have seen them. They look cool, but I am kinda skeptical. Also, will these fit on the stock mounts?

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Those are stick on caliper covers. You said 'change your brakes', they will 'change your brakes' from looking stock to having a plastic cover glued on, but will have no affect on braking anything.
If you are looking for a cover, yes, this will work. If you are looking for actual brake components, no, this will not work.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, what @davez26 said. I don’t have my G6 anymore, but went with the Brembos on the front. Huge stopping difference. You just have to make sure you have wheel clearance. I’m not sure how much room you need, you may have to put spacers on to give you clearance. Go to zzperformance.com and shop brakes for the ecotec. I had the 12.5” kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
253 Posts
Its about time for me to change my brakes. I always wanted to upgrade to something that has a little more style. I found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone has these or have seen them. They look cool, but I am kinda skeptical. Also, will these fit on the stock mounts?
these are actually caliper covers and they are made of aircraft aluminum. They clip on top of your brake calipers.
If you need to change brake pads/rotors just choose any OE replacement and if you want to achieve that big brake look get the caliper covers. We've recently installed the same red caliper covers on one of the trucks from our fleet. You can check them out in this video review:

Here's a couple of links for you:

Replacement brake pads and rotors: https://www.carid.com/brakes.html

Caliper covers (Available with Pontiac and G6 logos): https://www.carid.com/pontiac-g6-caliper-covers/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts