Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found it on amazon a thought it was the coolest thing ever. i mean, why should g8 owners be the only ones with a switch blade remote right?? :D:)

EDIT: if you want one, i would suggest buying from the iKeyless website. Amazon has the tendency to mess up your order. Years range from 05-10.
https://www.ikeyless.com/

·
Registered
392 Posts
Can I stick the circuits from my current remote into that one and have it work? I don't want to pay for reprogramming.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know how it works out.
worked out pretty good. they cut the key for free, and programmed everthing else. the remote start works great and the only problem is that i need to get a metal key piece with the security chips in it. anyone know where to order one??

·
Registered
556 Posts
A dealer can get it in for you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I was wondering about that. Most of the fees won't be from the actual key part itself from the 3rd party. You have to get the metal key part with the security chip and also get the FOB programmed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can you even take out the key that came with the new unit? And if so, can you find a replacement that will fit and have the chip and be programmable for the G6?

If not, that's a very large fob to be carrying around if a regular key is still needed.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A dealer can get it in for you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App
thank you

Can you even take out the key that came with the new unit? And if so, can you find a replacement that will fit and have the chip and be programmable for the G6?

If not, that's a very large fob to be carrying around if a regular key is still needed.
i think you can replace it. even if you cant, still looks cool.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but did you ever figure out a way to get the key working? I sent ikeyless an email about it and all they sent back was basically what the website says, that the key and the remote can be programmed by the dealer.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but did you ever figure out a way to get the key working? I sent ikeyless an email about it and all they sent back was basically what the website says, that the key and the remote can be programmed by the dealer.
U have to figure out how to get a security key chip and put it in the the con. Because all the dealerships around here say that they don't know what to do. Sorry:(:(

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No new news. It's a POS don't buy it.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
245 Posts
I almost bought this on Friday lol. It's sitting in my cart. I decided to buy glow in the dark buttons instead :p

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts