Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to keep my original Mo soon 6cd stereo (and Driver Information Center) but am open to options to play music from my phone. I have XM but dont use it. Ideally I would like Bluetooth for music and hands free calls but adding an aux input is an option. Please reccomend options and if possible links of products. I am open to an aftermarket Bluetooth amp and new speakers (which is what Crutchfield suggests) another question is how difficult are these options for a basic car stereo installation shop because I would prefer to avoid a $2000 hit for this if possible. Last question, how many speakers and what sizes do I need. Any other helpful information such as number of channels needed in a new amp or ohm/amp information I should keep in mind? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I cut into the audio for the XM at the receiver. I used a 12v marine Bluetooth adaptor and eventually I also purchased a line amplifier as the output on the bluetooth was much lower than the radio, making it a little annoying if you switched between sources. It all works fine, I have XM Preview on the display when Bluetooth is playing which hides the temperature display (you may notice that today if you switch to XM yourself). I also added a relay to help maintain proper power control. I could put everything back if needed, though I could have spent more time to see if there was some form of harness extension available so that I cut into that and not chop the original

It was fiddly but doable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Back in the day I had an add-on for my ipod that would transmit the music from my player on any unused FM radio channel. Then you just tune it in on your car receiver.
It played in stereo and sounded great as long as you are not in an urban area that has few or no FM dead spots. I'm sure they still make them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts