Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Master De-bator
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2005 Pontiac G6, no Bose, no Monsoon just very base stock radio. I am trying to install a single DIN dvd player with the Metra 99-3303 kit and I get no sound. I even bought the PAC wire harness kit as a backup and still get no sound. I do know about the Amp turn-on wire and have connected that and still get no sound. (This is on both wire harnesses). I called Metra and they had me test the rear speaker wire from their harness to a battery and I did get the speaker pop sound so they assumed that it was the HU. I then hooked the HU to 3 other cars with different harnesses and got everything to work so the HU is good. He then said that it must be the car itself, which I thought was odd because the factory radio works perfectly fine and I haven't done anything to the car up until this moment. (Head scratcher....) So I was wondering if anyone has had this crazy issue and how did you resolve it?

(Side note: The left front speaker has been blown since I bought the vehicle and along with doing this install, I was going to replace it. The original speaker was blown but the replacement didn't work either......)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts