Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to connect aftermarket rear speakers if you have a Monsoon system? I know ideally I'd connect the woofer separate from the midrange and tweeter but I don't think that can be done without destroying the wiring on the speaker. It will be a little while until I can get the adapter kit to swap out the head unit & new front speakers but I would like sound from the rear until then (Minnesota and its handsfree law makes it so I want Bluetooth again).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rewired my speakers and soldered the adapter from the stock speakers to the wiring of my new ones. Not sure if that helps but that's what I did to put aftermarket rear speakers in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you use both the high and low signal from the amp or just the low signal?
So I put pioneer speakers in

I have two wires going to each part of the speaker. I'm not sure if its considered a tweeter but I have 2 wires going there and 2 wires going to the main speaker. Not sure if that's the correct terminology but I hope the pictures help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look like my speakers. Did you cut any of the wires on the speakers?

I don't want to do that because at some point I will be replacing the factory head unit and amp with an aftermarket head unit.

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts