Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install an aftermarket Stereo in a 2005 G6 without the D.I.C. without causing any problems with the computer like a check engine light and if so what harness would you recomend and is there anything else I would need like a door chime relay? Thanks in advance.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
To my knowledge it will not cause any problems other than you will no longer have
access to the DIC information.

Shouldnt have any CEL's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lampoon. Does anybody know of a good wiring harness without the D.I.C.? I was looking at the C2R-GM11b PAC wiring harness because it has the GM R.A.P. line and the door chimes, does anybody know if this is a good harness or not?

Thanks

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
To my knowledge it will not cause any problems other than you will no longer have
access to the DIC information.

Shouldnt have any CEL's.
or reset oil life. Guess that's a big one if your still under warranty. but I've heard about pressing gas pedal to the floor 3 times in 5 seconds will do it. prob is you don't want oil life to get below 18% to risk not loosing your warranty. But being a 05 i'm sure warranty is out. So if you change every 3000 miles you'd be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or reset oil life. Guess that's a big one if your still under warranty. but I've heard about pressing gas pedal to the floor 3 times in 5 seconds will do it. prob is you don't want oil life to get below 18% to risk not loosing your warranty. But being a 05 i'm sure warranty is out. So if you change every 3000 miles you'd be fine.
I bought the car in november from the dealer with a 1-Year 12,000 mile warranty so I think maby I will try the gas pedal thing but if that doesnt work than I'll just wait to replace the stereo until the warranty is up before I mess with the radio. Thanks though because I did'nt think about the oil life thing because would'nt my change oil light come on and stay on if I cant reset it?

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I bought the car in november from the dealer with a 1-Year 12,000 mile warranty so I think maby I will try the gas pedal thing but if that doesnt work than I'll just wait to replace the stereo until the warranty is up before I mess with the radio. Thanks though because I did'nt think about the oil life thing because would'nt my change oil light come on and stay on if I cant reset it?
I think the oil light comes on if its low on oil. the DIC oil life is always above 3000 miles anyway. If you monitor your miles you should be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the oil light comes on if its low on oil. the DIC oil life is always above 3000 miles anyway. If you monitor your miles you should be fine.
Ya I always get a windshield sticker when I get mine changed because you cant truct the D.I.C. Oil Life. I tried the Gas pedal thing and it worked, I was really surprised to see that the process was actually in my service manual. So as long as I reset it every time I change my oil I should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts