Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the after market tail lights on eBay worth getting or should I save myself the money. I hate the giant red tail lights on the coupe but don't wanna tint ( like the look but don't want the hassle) and I like the clear ones with the black housing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I used the rust oleum tint on mine and it was very easy and like the look

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yours did turn out great, I just meant more along the lines of cops or having someone rear end me and having a mess to deal with. I used VHT on my last car and it came out good but don't wanna make that commitment with a new car if that makes sense haha.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I understand I did 3 coats which is good you can still see lights and stops easy but you could just do 1 or 2 coats to see, it does darken when it dries, I tried the vinyls and they suck

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
There wont be an hassle with cops as long as you dont black them out... I have 3 or 4 coats on mine, and it gave it a black cherry look. not to dark but also got rid of that obnoxious bright red... they're in my progression 1st or 2nd page... the aftermarkets are nice but expensive. 5.99$ later you got some tinted tails

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I've never heard a good review of a true vinyl although after looking around at reviews for fly eyes it's def. something I'm considering. I like how they still let light through and are removable.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got the black depo tails from eBay for my coupe and they've been great so far. The fit was ok, I had to use some washers on the bolts to space the tails properly, but so far, so good. And they look great on my black car. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1336923518.108982.jpg
I'm sorry for the horribly dirty car pic, but I just ran out to take the shot for ya.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@Chad67

It's the AIT spoiler. Got it off of eBay, it is nice, but I'm not 100% happy it only attaches with 3M tape. It's been on almost a year now and it's still solid with my car sitting outside almost all year in the Chicago area, but I still would feel more comfortable if it bolted on.

@Tlrchris

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts