Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I have a 06 G6 with a V6 want to get a aftermarket plug in tuner that will turn it up just a notch and give it more response. Only grip I have with the car is its slow unless you mash the gas most of the way down getting started. Gets great fuel millage but what are some good tuners and if you can find it on ebay and post the idem number I would really thank you for the help.

Is there anything else you can do to these things that wakes t

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still learning how to use this forum. Is there anything else you can do to these things to wake the motor up without spending a lot. Like it as it is just want it a little more peppy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your not the GTP your running an lx9 which means there's not much, I'll be honest, I had a Lx9 in my 05gt and it was fun to learn on but I did everything, headers, catback, cold air, tune, plugs and wires, grounding kit, and stiffer mounts! Made it better in the end but still wasn't as quick as my stock 07 GTP I have now. But if you really want to pep it up a little, the tune was the best from WAMS! Helped with trany shifting a lot! And a more even throttle response! Also do a colder air and a catback. Magnaflow is a little price and OBX is hard to find, a new name is maximizer, that is the same as OBX but not stainless steel :/ so up to you, or custom. Ground kit is also a major boost! The exhaust was the best for fuel economy upgrade but if you don't car about that I the order I would do is tune, cold air, grounding kit, exhaust. And that's pretty much max for the car! In the end tho you'll be reaching a good 30-31 mpg avg, at least I was

Hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your not the GTP your running an lx9 which means there's not much, I'll be honest, I had a Lx9 in my 05gt and it was fun to learn on but I did everything, headers, catback, cold air, tune, plugs and wires, grounding kit, and stiffer mounts! Made it better in the end but still wasn't as quick as my stock 07 GTP I have now. But if you really want to pep it up a little, the tune was the best from WAMS! Helped with trany shifting a lot! And a more even throttle response! Also do a colder air and a catback. Magnaflow is a little price and OBX is hard to find, a new name is maximizer, that is the same as OBX but not stainless steel :/ so up to you, or custom. Ground kit is also a major boost! The exhaust was the best for fuel economy upgrade but if you don't car about that I the order I would do is tune, cold air, grounding kit, exhaust. And that's pretty much max for the car! In the end tho you'll be reaching a good 30-31 mpg avg, at least I was

Hope this helps
yes sir it did and thanks.
Just bought a tuner for me 2010 truck and it picked it up a noticiable amount was just wondering what it would do for the G6.
Had a 08 Caddy with a V6 in it man I wish that motor was do a easy swap. That v6 caddy motor shocked me at how much power it had.

Thanks for the info guys. Might do a set of rims if I can see some photos of different ones on our car but for the most part its just a fun drop the top, cruising car. Did upgrade the stereo last week and make did that make a world of difference, Especially volume.
Be safe and thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well yeah the tune does make a dif and you may wanna get it sooner then later if your going to do it, because I was talking to Chris and he doesn't know how much longer they will support the G6, and that was a month or 2 ago so if you want one get it! It def of anything will help the trany last longer with better smoother shifts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the trigger today on it. Thanks. Its about drop the top time, just wanting to get the thing ready for summer fun.
One thing I have noticed is this forum sure moves slow.
If you guys ever blow a motor in what you have check and see if the Caddy v6 will swap into our g6.
Had a STS with a V6 and that thing shocked the devil out of me at the power it had with that big car to.
Had a 08 and that thing was a hoss.

Thanks again and the 93 tune is on order.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah the g6 forums are not well supported but this one is doing better then the performance forum. And that 3.6 in that sts is the motor that is in the G6 GXP and 07-08 GTP's, I have one and it is awesome, however a swap would be difficult, the Cadillacs run RWD which means they aren't transverse mounted and also the cadys have a bigger intake manifold, so if you want a swap it would be better to find a GXP motor if you can or just by a GTP or a GXP. That's basically what I did lol. But you could do a swap you would just need to get the proper tranny and ether do custom work for the intake manifold (which would be best, more power with these ones), or swap it for a g6 one. Idk if there is anything else you would need to do. But I don't think it's worth it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the g6 forums are not well supported but this one is doing better then the performance forum. And that 3.6 in that sts is the motor that is in the G6 GXP and 07-08 GTP's, I have one and it is awesome, however a swap would be difficult, the Cadillacs run RWD which means they aren't transverse mounted and also the cadys have a bigger intake manifold, so if you want a swap it would be better to find a GXP motor if you can or just by a GTP or a GXP. That's basically what I did lol. But you could do a swap you would just need to get the proper tranny and ether do custom work for the intake manifold (which would be best, more power with these ones), or swap it for a g6 one. Idk if there is anything else you would need to do. But I don't think it's worth it
Agree. Had that STS for a year was very impressed at the power and the millage.
I"m tinkering around a little with the G6 a little, dropped a new stereo in there, bought a ford F150 2010 got a aftermarket tuner for that, but left it on the lower 87 octane and it still picked it up nicely as to driving response.
Thats what got me thinking about doing it to the G6.
I don't drive the G6 that much so went with the 93 tune.
Is there a link that is all about rims on here. Would like to see different rims on the car, might change those so it will look a little better but as to the performance end i'm done with the car once that program gets here.
Have a drag toy track only so modding the G6 adventure was , what was quick and easy. Wish it did have the caddy motor in it but after the tune gets here I'll be fine with it.
Thanks again for the help guys and if there is a rim on your car thread stick it on here if you would..
Thanks.
LUKE

·
Registered
59 Posts
Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP
http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26677

Here's a link to my progression on the other forum, this is my current set up, if you then go to the progression in signature, that will take you to my old g6, (I haven't update my signature yet) my old g6 had these 18's as well and also I ran a dif set of 17's if you scroll further up in the thread

I'm actually prob gunna swap out these ones eventually, for like 19" Vossen 5 spoke brushed aluminium or Chrome finish rim, but that won't be for a little bit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts