Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was out driving had my air on full and it was just blowing warm air at me it is cooler than outside the car today its 40 c or 104 f and my blower fan inside the car is making a drown noise you really notice it on fan speed # 3 anybody else having problems with there air conditioning.Im really starting to get sick of this car

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I would take it to the dealer it shouldnt make any werid noise!
I have a temp of like 98-95 right now and i use the recycle the inside air setting and it seems to work great.
Even though i am assuming u have it to the full cold settings.

I looked at the TSB for the car and saw something aboult cooling sytem color updated but thats all i could find for cooling system but i would still take it in if i does not cool at all.

Please give us an update...I am sure some one else hase the same problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Strange this topic should come up, just yesterday I was thinking how wimpy our air conditionoong is on our 2006 G6 sedan was. We got it in mid July and while we were sitting in the car with the salesman after taking it for a test drive I said to him that I wished the air conditioning was colder, could someone take a look at it before I bought it? He said that it felt pretty good to him but if we did get it we could always bring it back for them to look at it and if by some miracle something was wrong they would fix under warranty. I can sure think that a noisy blower motor should be replaced with no questions asked but if a recharge is in order, is that covered too? Would they consider that a "wear" item? I should of figured that when the salesman said that it felt cold in there to him that there was something wrong. Our heat index was 105 yesterday and our interior is black but after all the air conditioning system in new.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My is very inconsistant I must say, somedays blasting freezing air and others luke warm! I wouldnt think that a recharge would be a wear item considering that if there are no leaks on the system it should last well beyond 5 years at least I would think it would!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't have any problem with my A/C. It was pushing 100*F today and I had no problem cooling the car down within a half mile. I usually never run my fan above 1 or 2. I agree that the A/C does not "feel" as cold when the fan is run on high.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So far, I havent had any problems with my a/c. The temp outside has been close to 100 most days and the a/c keeps me cool, so no complaints here. I hope you are able to have yours fixed or replaced by the dealer. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine is ice cold if its on recycling air.. but it is pretty inconsistent on outside air at a constant outside temperature. Same thing happens at full throttle to me, air warms up lol. But yeah, the thermometer was showing 101 F today and set on recyle mode mine did a great job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
nO problem with our ac on our gt sedan. We always have ours on the interior recycle much colder air. My 06 gmc diesel is the same way keep it on recycle and you get ice cold air. Let outside air in and it gets warmer, but still somewhat cold air.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i put mine on recycle mode works great on that so i guess thats what i have to do still have to take it in about the fan noise though

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 05 G6 and my air is pretty good most of the time. I the one thing I have found though is that if you do not have the air on recycle and you accerlate as to change lanes or pass the a/c does seem to blow luke warm air. As soon as you let go of the gas it goes back to normal. For the most part though it has been pretty chilly in the car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Funny, just today I remote started the car in 90 degree weather. WhenI got in a few minutes later, the vents were just blowing warm air. I have the auto climate control, and I've loved it so far. I keep it set on auto fan and auto vent modes and 72-74 degrees. Sometimes it's gotten too cold after a whil at 72 so I have to bump it up a little.
So I'm thinking, "Damn, less than 2K on the car and now I'm having AC problems, too. But I just turned off the AC and then back on again and-Voila- I'm an air-conditioned Gypsy again. Still, that shouldn't happen. I'll keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The A/C is kind of weak not just on the G6 but on most new cars these days. Also the A/C is suppose to automatically turned off when you accelerate so that you get maximum power by eliminating the drag of the A/C compressor.

In very hot weather, it will take more than a few minutes to completely cool the interior to a comfortable level. There is not necessary a problem with your A/C or your climate control system.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A 90 degree day is a cold front here in Nashville this summer. The AC was not working until I turned it off and then turned it on again. 2-3 minutes after remote starting the car, it has been blowing cold air by the time I get in it, even on the 104 degree days we've been having. I even drove around another 3-4 minutes to see if it would cool down before trying anything to fix the problem, and it was just warm air. Off-On and cold air came out almost immediately. Believe me, I hope there is not a problem already, as I do not look forward to going to the steal...oops...dealer, especially after reading some of the horror stories in the forums. I've never owned GM before.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
Ever try accelerating at full throttle with the air on? You lose any resemblance of cold air.
The A/C clutch dis-engages at ~90% throttle to give more power back to the engine when you really need it. It is working as designed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
mphred said:
A 90 degree day is a cold front here in Nashville this summer. The AC was not working until I turned it off and then turned it on again. 2-3 minutes after remote starting the car, it has been blowing cold air by the time I get in it, even on the 104 degree days we've been having. I even drove around another 3-4 minutes to see if it would cool down before trying anything to fix the problem, and it was just warm air. Off-On and cold air came out almost immediately. Believe me, I hope there is not a problem already, as I do not look forward to going to the steal...oops...dealer, especially after reading some of the horror stories in the forums. I've never owned GM before.

Did you turn the car on with the key and start driving it? My AC doesn't come on when remote started until I actually put the key in and turn it to start.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Um... yeah, I had to put the key in it and turn it on to drive away. My AC comes on when I remote start it. Yours should, too. Climate control is the main reason they have remote start. After that one glitch, mine seems to be doing its AC thing ok again...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts