Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone out in my garage several times and the air conditioning has been running with the keys out and doors locked. Has anyone else ever had this issue? It's a 2009 g6, with the ecotec. It's still under warranty but I haven't made it it to the shop yet and they have a tendency to 'not reproduce the problem'. So any help you guys could give would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
:| thats freakin impossible =\ must be major wiring issue / cross or something...i mean when it is in the off position...NOTHINg gets power.

can you turn the radio on as well while its off? perhaps an ignition issues

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
If it does it for a short period and then turns off its likely the HVAC afterblow mode to dry things out. Some dealers turn it on by default some by request... If its running constantly and NEVER shutting off thats definitely something different.

·
Registered
2005 G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VL LX9
23 Posts
I just got my 2005 G6 GT sedan last week and noticed this today. I unlocked the car via remote and got in and noticed the air was blowing even though I didn't have the keys in yet and car was not running via Remote Start. I just sat there looking around to see any any lights or switches were showing anything and without touching anything still, the air eventually turned off. I started the car, everything works. I turned it off, got out, locked it. Nothing running. Unlocked and got in, still no air blowing. So I wasn't able to replicate it.

If this is some kind of feature, can it be disabled by me? Or only by a dealer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts