Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I am fixing the brakes on a 2006 for a coworker. When he brought it to me the rear pads needed to be replaced and the fronts were down to the metal and ground into the rotors. I replaced all of the above but cannot get all of the air out of the brakes. I tried vacuum bleeding and it helped but i could still get the pedal to the floor. I put teflon tape on all of the bleeders and got a little more out. I tried my reverse bleeder and got the pedal to the firmest. I can still push the pedal about an inch with my hand with the car off. I tried the vacuum again and it didn't help i tried using the vacuum while pumping the pedal. I also wedged the brake pedal as far down as I could get it and let it sit overnight. I then vacuum bled all 4 and the pedal went to the floor again. Using a combination of vacuum bleeding and the reverse bleeder.

I don't know what else to try at this point. I've spent 10 hours on this and burned through 2 gallons of brake fluid.

only unusual thing is quiet hum for a second when i release the pedal. I've been using the cheap autozone dot 3, and i live at 6000ft if that makes any difference

thanks in advance

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
hello everyone, I am fixing the brakes on a 2006 for a coworker. When he brought it to me the rear pads needed to be replaced and the fronts were down to the metal and ground into the rotors. I replaced all of the above but cannot get all of the air out of the brakes. I tried vacuum bleeding and it helped but i could still get the pedal to the floor. I put teflon tape on all of the bleeders and got a little more out. I tried my reverse bleeder and got the pedal to the firmest. I can still push the pedal about an inch with my hand with the car off. I tried the vacuum again and it didn't help i tried using the vacuum while pumping the pedal. I also wedged the brake pedal as far down as I could get it and let it sit overnight. I then vacuum bled all 4 and the pedal went to the floor again. Using a combination of vacuum bleeding and the reverse bleeder.

I don't know what else to try at this point. I've spent 10 hours on this and burned through 2 gallons of brake fluid.

only unusual thing is quiet hum for a second when i release the pedal. I've been using the cheap autozone dot 3, and i live at 6000ft if that makes any difference

thanks in advance
Forgive me for asking, but are the bleeders positioned correctly on the calipers? That is, are they on top?

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts