Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have been searching for an intake but i have a 2.4 09 g6...im aware they dont make them specifically for this model cuz its the base but they do have them for the 2.4 g5 and cobalt 2.4...so im pretty sure that intake will fit in my car...im just curious to see if anyone has done this yet and experience any problems...they are roughly the same engine

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an Injen intake for the colbolt and it fits without a problem but it throws a lean code causing the car to shift really hard and if it is cold the shifting is all messed up. The way to fix it is to buy a tune for it and it is said it will fix it. I'm in the process of getting to tune. The G5 G6 Colbolt Sky Solstis will all fit but will throw the lean code.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I didnt know u had the 2.4...?

Yeah....no one believes me when I tell em that.
Trust me....If you could have an intake for the 2.4 that would work
then I would make it for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yea i do. you were the first person i looked at for an intake. i new about the problem but was gonna try it anyways and did haha it did like everyone said
Y cant the 2.4L take the extra air

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know Going to South Bend IN for the meet I was only getting like 29 MPG when i had my intake on and went to OH i was getting 37 MPG and both were all mainly tollway. but didnt know if it was gonna be cold so took off the intake so there were no problems

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Half of your intake is allowing better combustion through cooler air and the other half is allowing it to breath easier... of course the bling factor is there too. lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
So wait, if it's gonna be cold you shouldnt have an air intake on your car? I am interested in getting one for my car, but living in Michigan it is colder more often than not, is this something I should be aware of?
if you get the tune for it there will not be a problem only 2.4L

·
Registered
47 Posts
yes i have not heard of any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.