Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
One way... the way i did mine (i do not recommend)
Remove headlight
Tape off bumper around headlight
Remove the crappiest little plug/pushpin/screw thing.
Cut the big ass thing into 4 pieces and remove them
Reinstall headlight (make sure its plugged in. youll be pissed if it wasnt)
Remove tape
Rev engine and grin. :cool:

Other way:
This seemed like more preliminary work but is probably easier to actually remove the resonator.
http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3699

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read through the other forums comments and they helped out a lot thanks 33 Ill try and do this Wednesday on my day off!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
The reason i dont really recommend is because its tough to do all the work through the headlight housing. its a pretty small space to have one hand holding the res. and the other cutting. definitely DO recommend a dremel!! i had tried everything!!! i ended up using a pair of hedge clippers/small branch cutters and that was easy but alot of damage to the bumper if you dont tape it up good to protect it.. As for a differance i did notice an increase in sound. it was louder for sure. not so much performance wise. but i mean, im sure it helps, its more air. Hope this helps out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deffinitley does. ill probably get Crabs From Lampoon or a K&N intake system relatively soon...still need a few more things done before i wanna start on performance. but YES really helped man thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
No problem.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I ended up going through the wheel well for mine, took longer to take off all the clips than it did to actually remove the thing! Took me maybe 30-45 min from start to finish

·
Registered
441 Posts
I removed the res and did the full crabs with fpu - I have no had any codes thrown at all

It could be one, the other or both but I did notice a little mpg increase, small but still an improvement in acceleration and the main reason - soooounds so much better ( much deeper, throaty of a growl )

·
Registered
73 Posts
I removed the res and did the full crabs with fpu - I have no had any codes thrown at all

It could be one, the other or both but I did notice a little mpg increase, small but still an improvement in acceleration and the main reason - soooounds so much better ( much deeper, throaty of a growl )
Thanks man! Looks like this will be next mod after finishing off calipers :beer:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea im deffinitley going to do the crab intake with all the bells and whistles...and it should sound Veryyyyy niice :) Lookin forward to gettin this done and postin pics for u guys...and btw i will go through the wheel well aswell i think.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i'm 6'2" so there was no way my hands were going to fit into those small spots haha - some have said they took off 3 or 4 pins to get in there, I took out like 14 haha - BUT - I had more than enough room to fit in there and get it out without any damage. Let us know!

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went through the wheel well and used the car jack that was with the car and it took between 40-50 minutes. Really easy mod to do and sound is a little deeper not much. Haven't really drove with it yet so not sure on gas mileage or anything but I feel better taking it out. Pointless to keep it in. Thanks for all the info guys!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Very cool and glad you were able to take care of it with no issues! I did the res and crabs deal at once so I can't say what one does over the other, but as a combo - sweetness

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea im gonna do the resonator here really soon when i get a day off...i didnt have my jack it was in my girls car cz i was workin on here sunfire the other day. Buttttt, next time i will have it done. Prolly 2 weeks and im gonna get the crab intake...i will have my muffler put on this weekend with resonator delete so i will try and post some sound clips up for u guys stay posted to my prog.page and thanks for all the helpful tips guys again...always appreciated.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yea im gonna do the resonator here really soon when i get a day off...i didnt have my jack it was in my girls car cz i was workin on here sunfire the other day. Buttttt, next time i will have it done. Prolly 2 weeks and im gonna get the crab intake...i will have my muffler put on this weekend with resonator delete so i will try and post some sound clips up for u guys stay posted to my prog.page and thanks for all the helpful tips guys again...always appreciated.
What muffler?

My intake resonator was such a pain that I just cut the damn thing out. So much easier and I don't have any use for it. It's just a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its gonna be the 44 series flowmaster. Supposeed to have a deeper roar so I have been told. That will all be done saturday w.a little luck :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts