Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have it? i want to be able to drop my car bout an inch or two, but i need to be able to still lift it back up for my city driving.

Any help would be great
Mike

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
air shocks? My bro use to have em on his 69 Camaro...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, my dad said he used to have um in his vega and he could flip a switch to either fill um up with air or let air out to raise and lower his car, he said it was air bag suspension, i would assume its the same thing. i just wanted to know if they had this for the g6

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea with bags you can lower it right to the ground anytime or make it normal or even like a monster truck. My friend has a jetta with bags their awesome but never saw them on a g6 before let me know how they turn out i might do them as well

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it will be a while before i do them seein that i got no cash haha...but ill get around to it eventually

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
Click for Product Details Helix AER Air Suspension Kit ( AirShock - Strut / Bag ) PONTIAC G5,G6,COBALT 2005 - 2008
Item ID: HELI-210504

Helix AER Air Suspension Kit ( AirShock - Strut / Bag ) PONTIAC G5,G6,COBALT 2005 - 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTP ONLINE: $1032.70
Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Buy Now
Add to wish list

Click for Product Details Helix AER Front Air Suspension System ( AirShock - Strut ) PONTIAC G5,G6,COBALT 2005 - 2008
Item ID: HELI-211837

Helix AER Front Air Suspension System ( AirShock - Strut ) PONTIAC G5,G6,COBALT 2005 - 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTP ONLINE: $688.85
Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

I think this is what you need ! http://www.focuztech.com/bmy_search.php?brand=Pontiac&model=G6&Year=2007

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Thread Revival Go!

I decided to scrap my Coil-over Ideas and go bag it instead. I want to set the car on it's frame when I park the car and be able to raise it for those stupidly high speed bumps or curbs.

I found this kit...
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-pon-49-kit3.htm
It's of course the first and pretty much only one I found, but it seems they sell it specifically for the G6 and hopefully it's not of crap quality.

And it says it's also for the G5 and Cobalt so I'm a little unsure. But I also found this:
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-saa-07-kit3.htm
For the Saab 9-3 Which shares the same platform with the G6. I figure if Coilovers can work on both cars then so must this airbag setup

What do you all think? And also what do you think my alignment issues may be? I know the camber will change as I lift and lower it, but I'll have the alignment set for the ride height I plan to drive with the most...

·
Registered
911 Posts
i think i'd rather spend 2000 on something more useful, especially if its going to cause unneccesary wear and problems...stick with the lowering springs IMHO

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
My friend was telling me about airbag work he's done. Apparently they're actually quite strong and can last quite a long time, and It will be a smoother ride then just doing coil-overs. I still think my car sits too high on the lowering springs. and I like the idea of an adjustable ride height that doesn't involve getting under the car and turning rings... Maybe I'll just be the guinea pig and give it a shot. haha

·
Registered
474 Posts
Do it! One of my buddies change from lowering springs to air bags on his trans am. ( I know, 100% different car ). And the ride was awesome. Smoothest trans am I've ever ridden in.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Sweet. Plus it'll look awesome. Especially when I park it, I'll literally set the frame on the ground. IMO the best vehicle theft deterrent! haha

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sweet. Plus it'll look awesome. Especially when I park it, I'll literally set the frame on the ground. IMO the best vehicle theft deterrent! haha
Not to mention towing deterrent. They can't tow it if they can't get under it!

Reactions: BlackPantherBlack

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Exactly! Plus it'll just look awesome! And if I ever have to drive on these crappy Illinois roads I can lift it up to prevent damage.

I think I'll get a kit made the for SAAB 9-3, because that's a hell of a lot closer to the G6 then the G5 or Cobalts are.

This with the wheels I wanna get would be frickin' sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Are you sure the tires will tuck far enough to even let the body/frame touch the ground?
The camber should go WAY Negative when I lower it down, Allowing it to tuck. If not then I'll just let it sit right above the tire. Still maximum low when parked :D

I have heard that winter you can freeze them tho! so you need to make sure you have a winter vehicle... If I ever get out of ohio to down south, this would be my number 1 mod... I want a bagged vehicle!
Never thought about that, I know people around here have many bagged vehicles... and most commercial trucks have bags, so do most buses, but I'm sure those are made of different grade rubber and such. I'll do more research on that part and see what I can find out.
From what I've been told those bags are pretty damn strong and built to withstand some abuse...
But more research never hurts. haha

Update: I did some searching around and I found that many people are saying all airbag kits are similar, let it be for trucks or for cars, only difference is size of the bags and pumps/tanks. And trucks put a hell of a lot more abuse on those bags, during all seasons and driving conditions. From what I've read the biggest problem people were getting in harsh winters was check valves freezing and things of that nature. Nothing really bag related. From what I can gather I shouldn't expect to see any problems with it cracking or blowing until years down the road after it has aged quite a bit...

Still it would suck to be driving, have it blow and just drag on the ground. haha

1 - 20 of 38 Posts