Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
The camber should go WAY Negative when I lower it down, Allowing it to tuck. If not then I'll just let it sit right above the tire. Still maximum low when parked :D

Never thought about that, I know people around here have many bagged vehicles... and most commercial trucks have bags, so do most buses, but I'm sure those are made of different grade rubber and such. I'll do more research on that part and see what I can find out.
From what I've been told those bags are pretty damn strong and built to withstand some abuse...
But more research never hurts. haha

Update: I did some searching around and I found that many people are saying all airbag kits are similar, let it be for trucks or for cars, only difference is size of the bags and pumps/tanks. And trucks put a hell of a lot more abuse on those bags, during all seasons and driving conditions. From what I've read the biggest problem people were getting in harsh winters was check valves freezing and things of that nature. Nothing really bag related. From what I can gather I shouldn't expect to see any problems with it cracking or blowing until years down the road after it has aged quite a bit...

Still it would suck to be driving, have it blow and just drag on the ground. haha
well hey thats awesome man! i learned something new today.. i support this mod all the way!

·
Registered
638 Posts
so long as you drain the air tank of all moisture often in the winter and if nothing else, a little air brake antifreeze will keep it problem free

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
well hey thats awesome man! i learned something new today.. i support this mod all the way!
Thanks man! I'll be sure to write a thread about it!

so long as you drain the air tank of all moisture often in the winter and if nothing else, a little air brake antifreeze will keep it problem free
Yea I found that while in my searches, I'll run some air brake antifreeze for sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you actually get the kit and do this please let me know because im definetly interested in doing it as well

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
How much custom fab work do you think will be needed?
At this point it's REALLY hard to say. I'm looking at getting a kit for a SAAB 9-3 because (judging by pictures) it seems to be closer to the way the G6 is set up. if that's the case it will probably require minor fabbing. I'll probably be looking at just ways to mount the air lines, pump and tank. and maybe some work in getting it bolted to the front strut towers. Basing that assumption off the 9-3 coilover install on a G6...

if you actually get the kit and do this please let me know because im definetly interested in doing it as well
Oh yea no problem! I'll do a full write-up on it, I'll try to take plenty of pics and be sure I get the info out there for everyone. I'm sure there are many interested people

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh! Another thing that I thought about regarding the air bags in the winter time. Think of all the Cadillacs, Buicks, Lincolns, Mercedes and such that have air bag suspension. Obviously those last and work year round. So I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that the kits are built to withstand some abuse and weathering.

Also I need to bounce this off you guys. I've found Air Bag kits for the G6. But all the sites that sells em shows it to be for the G5, G6 and Cobalt. One pic from Airbagit.com shows this.

Clearly it looks like it separates the Bag from the Shock/strut for the front setup. (But who can trust these pics) Also I don't think the suspension systems are that close between the G5/Cobalt and the G6.

So there is this for the SAAB 9-3:

It looks like this would be a better fit for the G6. And since we know a 9-3 coilover system will work for our cars, I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Also I found more complete and what looks to be higher quality kits for the SAAB 9-3. Of course they're more expensive, but this just seems like something I would want to spend a little more money on...

Edit: I sent the website an e-mail regarding kit and fitment. I also asked for pictures of the actual shock/strut bag assemblies for both kits. The description seems to suggest the front is still a strut setup even though the picture doesn't reflect it, But I'm thinking they used stock pics. We'll see where this goes...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The top one would require more fab work, but you'd be able to air down further compared to the bottom one.

If you were going to get the top one, I'd look into building your own setup and comparing the prices. Then you could choose your our parts.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well I'm waiting on the people from the site to e-mail me back, Once I can get some clearer info I can see where I'm going, I know the struts they use for the 9-3 are already 2" shorter than stock, they're claiming a 3-5" drop without modifications. Same with both products I showed you. At least according to the website.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well I'm waiting on the people from the site to e-mail me back, Once I can get some clearer info I can see where I'm going, I know the struts they use for the 9-3 are already 2" shorter than stock, they're claiming a 3-5" drop without modifications. Same with both products I showed you. At least according to the website.
Any updates on this yet?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
They got back and said they weren't aware of any differences between the G6 and the Cobalt/G5. They said they would look into it and get back to me. But they haven't yet.
I'm thinking if I can get the money together I'll just get the G6 kit and see how it works out. They claim to have great customer service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't wait to see more on this!! I plan on stancing my 6 so this would be badass. If this wont work im gonna drop 1.75 with canuck springs get some 18's or 19's and that will make it looks flush lol

·
Legend
782 Posts
i would love to do this eventually. and we will see about flush lol im looking into buying some canucks and im on 20's lol hopefully no problems will arise.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
All I need is the money and this will be done.
I can't wait I love the whole stance scene.
Not to mention the awesomeness of pulling up and laying frame haha

21 - 38 of 38 Posts