Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really an appearance mod, but it sounds good and draws attention when using the lock/unlock remote. I pulled out the stock horns and put in some FIAMM airhorns. The alarm is twice as loud now as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dont want to even ask how the hell you did that...LOL. How did you know where the horn was??? And how do you know what size are kind to put back in, is that the nose of the car in the pic...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sleepless said:
I dont want to even ask how the hell you did that...LOL. How did you know where the horn was??? And how do you know what size are kind to put back in, is that the nose of the car in the pic...
The pic is the left front fender well area with the headlight removed. GM puts all the horns there. As for size, I just got the dual trumpet ones from AutoZone. Your only limited by space when it comes to the number of trumpets and size. Theres actually room to mount the three trumpet model. I mounted the airhorns and compressor on a T bracket (used for cabinets) from Lowes and mounted the unit to the factory horn bracket. I clipped the stock electrical connector and rewired the factory harness and new compressor harness with a quick disconnect. It took a whole 20 minutes to do everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts