Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, for anyone that has the ait body kit i have a question...i am wondering can i install the thing myself or does it have to be done by a professional...the reason i am asking is cause i live NOWHERE near a custom shop to install it and i have asked the collision shops if they would do it and they said they wont touch it...after i get my rims, rotors, lowering springs, and spoiler i will still have enough money left over from income tax that i could get this but if me and some of my friends cant install it then im not going to mess around with it...any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
From what I have read ALL have had theirs professionally installed by a bodyshop....
and some were a PITA. Remember its a fiberglass kit.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Mine was a PITA and it still doesn't fit 100%.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang dang damnit...i REALLY want that dang body kit...it is soooooooo sweet hmmm i gotta figure something out MARK MY WORDS I WILL HAVE IT lol (somehow)

·
Registered
38 Posts
ya i dont understand why some ppl say body shops wont touch it...around here almost every body shop i went to was willing to work with it but i went with the one that looked like they did the best work at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is 3 body shops here in town and none of them said they will do it they all strictly do collision...nothing else, like if you just want to get a mirror or something painted they wont do it...there is no money in doing side jobs...anything that does not involve insurance is a waste of time...and this is true

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm i was searching around for g6 body kits and seen that extreme dimensions makes a kit also they call it the gt kit or something...its made outta duraflex does anyone have this kit or does everyone have the ait fiberglass kit...a friend of mine has a civic with a duraflex kit and he said it was pretty much just bolt on for the most part all his parts came perfect he just had to make the holes...this kit is alittle more expensive but would it be easier to install???

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
did u install it yourself?

Mine didnt line up correctly on the rear bumper and in the front there was some gaps underneath the headlights. The shop i took it to fixed the problem though...i think thats why i had to pay so much.
Nope. Paid a guy to mount it, and a shop to paint it. They don't guarantee 100% fit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
im in the process of installing this kit with my husband. he has a little expiriance doing them but ill post plenty of pics when its done. today we just fit the drivers side side skirt and we had to trim about 3/4 inch off the back side and its a 99% perfect fit. ill let you no how the rest goes. he is doing a wide body kit for one of our freinds right now so he only does mine when he has some free time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.