Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 08 G6 it has a aftermarket remote stater and alarm installed. we got the 2 factory fobs and 2 after market ones. 2 factory's will NOT work at all on the car and only 1 after market will work. the TPMS does not work on the car shows it needs serviced...... also get a svc air bag message once and a while. so my problem is we locked car with the fob and a blue light blinks by the fog light button. so we tried to unlock it the next day with the fob and it would not work at all..... the red light blinks on the fob so it cant be the battery. we unlocked car with key the lights started flashing horn going off and all lol. could not get it to go off even unhooked battery and still was going crazy. so i ran the wires from the sensor on windshield to under the dash were i found 2 boxes with wires cut everywhere and all taped up.....? i unplugged the biggest connector and it shut the alarm off............ so my question is how to i get the factory fobs to work on the car again? i know that is causing the TPMS problem also.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i would take it to an local shop and have them look at the alarm and have them put it back to stock

its sound like they jerry rig the alarm and they cross their fingers that the car starts and dont catch on fire

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buddy has a shop so we went down there yesterday and ripped that crap out and put it all back to stock. we checked the RKE receiver and it is hooked up and all the fuses is where they are supposed to be. the factory fobs still will not work. he tried to relearn them with his scan tool but it will not allow him so he is going to get a tech 2 to try to relearn the remotes. he said the RKE receiver might even need to be relearned.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What kind of alarm was it and what kind of bypass did they use? Also...

If you have the ICU make sure the Keyless setting is turned on. It might've had factory remote start and the settings in The ICU could be "off" just a thought.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
341 Posts
Assuming that the original radio is still in place push the menu button until you get to the remote start on/off section in the display. Ensure it is turned on. If this does fix it don't feel bad as some gm dealers don't know this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts