Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed a rear caliper this weekend cause it was stuck closed. All went well. 60 miles of driving sunday was great. This morning going to work, great. The way home from work? Terrible grinding when stopping, and once I let off the pedal, still grinding. So I get home thinking it's the other rear caliper. Nope. It's all 4 calipers. Pedal feels fine, full of fluid, no leaks, stopping straight not pulling. But all four calipers seem to be stuck. Any help

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Changed a rear caliper this weekend cause it was stuck closed. All went well. 60 miles of driving sunday was great. This morning going to work, great. The way home from work? Terrible grinding when stopping, and once I let off the pedal, still grinding. So I get home thinking it's the other rear caliper. Nope. It's all 4 calipers. Pedal feels fine, full of fluid, no leaks, stopping straight not pulling. But all four calipers seem to be stuck. Any help
I'm thinking master cylinder. Or your ABS, but that would likely cause the ABS light to come on.

The only other thought is that the slide pins are all in need of lube, but I can't see that happening all at once.

That said, I'm not sure what the diagnostic procedure is to confirm it's the master cylinder.

[Edit] One other thought on this, how low did the reservoir get while you were changing the caliper? If it got low enough, air could have gotten in the system, into the lines going to the other wheels. That could result in those brakes dragging. Perhaps you need to bleed them.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts