Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my car yesterday and I noticed a scratch about an inch and a half long on the passenger side rear wheel. How it got there I have no idea, usually the first to get scratched is the passenger front wheel.

Anyway, I have the 18" wheels with the ultra bright finish, and you can actually feel this scratch with your fingertip...it's a thin white line on one of the spokes. I don't think there's anything I can do about this, but I just wanted to ask because maybe someone can throw out a possible way of fixing it.

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I was washing my car yesterday and I noticed a scratch about an inch and a half long on the passenger side rear wheel. How it got there I have no idea, usually the first to get scratched is the passenger front wheel.

Anyway, I have the 18" wheels with the ultra bright finish, and you can actually feel this scratch with your fingertip...it's a thin white line on one of the spokes. I don't think there's anything I can do about this, but I just wanted to ask because maybe someone can throw out a possible way of fixing it.

Mike
Ehh probably not, maybe take it to a wheel shop and see what they can do, I have a 2 inch scratch like that but I can see it unless i'm down there looking right at it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check to see whether it is something scratched onto the wheel instead of into the wheel. If it's something on, you may be able to buff it out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't feel too bad. There was a bad pothole on I75 near toledo that bent my wheel. Factory wants 500 to get a replacement. Screw that. Not leaking so I will try and bend it back. If that doesn't work there is always ebay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just did it to mine. The dealership charges 331 for the nw2 wheel. I got it for 255 because he is a friend and the friggin car was less than a week old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts