Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, well i just got my G6 a couple months ago, and every time i take a dip the front is always hitting the ground. i know if I'm going to fast it happens but i have to go extremely slow just to not hit! does anyone else have this problem or do i need new suspension?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Maybe it has lowering springs on it already when you bought it? Post up some pictures of the springs

·
Registered
470 Posts
I found that the lower plastic airdam piece started to fall apart from 4 years of driving in heavy snow. It's meant to act as an airfoil to push air around the car instead of the air going underneath it. Knowingly to improve aerodynamics, fuel economy, etc.

Anyway, long story short some of this plastic air dam was broken and hanging down causing it to scrape when I exited/entered a driveway. I grabbed my Xacto knife and sliced it all of and that solved the problem.

Otherwise, if you push down hard on the front corner of the car and the vehicle doesn't settle itself nearly instantly, replace the shocks/struts and it should solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
After lowering I was scraping that little air damn on everything. Its held I'm with some clips and is pretty easy to remove. I still have mine I'm my shed, though I don't know why ha

·
Registered
638 Posts
its a lot eaier to not scrape/ bottom out if you take things at an angle and not strait on too

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks hopefully tomorrow i can take some pictures of the springs, yeah if i go at a extreme angle it doesn't scrape but i think threes something going on. but its DEF that piece of plastic so maybe tomorrow ill take a quick look and try and post some pictures to see if anyone can pinpoint the problem. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
ha, I hit speed bumps at extreme angles, Like block the whole road angles. and I still scrap, but normally just the mudflaps, which is expected anyways :D

It's funny, last time I was under the car, the two rows of bolts that hold the heat shield up in the tunnel are all bent in different directions. ha

·
Lover of Bacon
84 Posts
same issue here, since i got my G6 Coupe GT (stock) it scraps the front i just try and take dips, bumps, humps etc. slower it helps a little

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ha, I hit speed bumps at extreme angles, Like block the whole road angles. and I still scrap, but normally just the mudflaps, which is expected anyways :D

It's funny, last time I was under the car, the two rows of bolts that hold the heat shield up in the tunnel are all bent in different directions. ha
ha Yeah im literally going in the opposite direction just to turn so i dont scrape. cant even imagine how it would be if i lowered the car,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts