Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my eps module replace via recall and it seemed to rake care if it for abiut a year or so but its back to no power steering and i realized it was gettjng alot colder outside when it started going out the first time and when j had the eps module fixed it was warming up outside , and while it was warm i never had anither problem out of it but since it has gotten alot colder outside (Dec through Jan. into Feb.) It has quit working again, but this time there was no time period where shutting the car off and restarting it would let the computer reset and the power steering would work for a period of time. This time im lucky to have enough time to back iut of the driveway before it shuts back off, thats if it even works at all after shuting it off and starting it back up? Idk if the weather would have an effect in the computer telling the vehicle something was up amd the power steering needed to be K.O.ed or not... But after thinking back about how it played out the first time and when, It sure seems like the temperature outside played a big role in the effect of what was happening... What do you guys think? Have you had similar experiences?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine does this, I have to shut the car off then start it again and it works, doesn't seem to matter what the temp is, I live in Maine, though I got the car new and it started doing this maybe 3 years into ownership nothing about it came up on my scan tool only theme I have seen with this car is it one thing or another that is wrong with it has cost me a lot over the years mine is an 09 g6 4 cylinder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts