Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 GT, and I like to drive a little fast (well maybe a lot), and I swear that when I step on the pedal, my radio gets louder. I don't know if I'm just going crazy, or if it really does that. Anyone else ever notice this? I usually have the radio volume to where I can just hear it above the road noise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Its a feature built into most (if not all) GM stereos. Basically it gets louder the faster you go to drown out wind and road noise. The button to the left of the volume knob that says "auto" with a little bar actually adjusts how drastically it'll change the volume for you.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have an '09 GT, and I like to drive a little fast (well maybe a lot), and I swear that when I step on the pedal, my radio gets louder. I don't know if I'm just going crazy, or if it really does that. Anyone else ever notice this? I usually have the radio volume to where I can just hear it above the road noise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
JR2032,

You have a radio with the Speed Compensated Volume (SCV) feature which automatically adjusts the radio volume to compensate for road and wind noise as the vehicle speeds up or slows down, so that the volume level is consistent.

To adjust the SCV:

1. Set the radio volume to the desired level.

2. Press MENU to display the radio setup menu.

3. Press the softkey under the AUTO VOLUM tab on the radio display.

4. Press the softkey under the desired Speed Compensated Volume setting (OFF, Low, Med, or High) to select the level of radio volume compensation. The display times out after approximately 10 seconds. Each higher setting allows for more radio volume compensation at faster vehicle speeds.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

1 - 4 of 4 Posts