Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else notice a lot of interference when listening to AM radio in their car? It seems like the rear defogger, head lights, wind shield wipers, etc. seem to interfere with AM stations. Is this a G6 thing or is there something wrong with my radio? I noticed it in a G6 rental I had (2008 G6). I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
The last time I consciously listened to AM I thing I was 7 years old and Grandpa was listening to a ball game. No, I don't know if that would do it :D

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Come on Mike...dont you remember? I do.
When you grandpa was around the ballgames were broadcasted on FM and AM was the music. It switched in the early 70's when Stereo was standaridized to FM.

This isnt the first radio reception thread. There is a $14 part that goes out sometimes
that may help you. Also if your window tint has metal in it then it will kill your radio reception as the antenna's onthe back glass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to listen to baseball games on the radio in the summer and sport talk radio. That is the only reason I listen to AM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My avatar is a photo of my G6. The photo was taken a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My AM radio has interference problem almost regularly but it's not due to the car's own electrical system. It seems to be a reception problem. In general, the AM reception on these radios are not that great. You problem sound different and more serious than most others.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
lead?? Its lead?? So when they say metal tint they are talking about lead?
It was my understanding that they coat the film with metal ingots--usually aluminum or nickel-chrome, and occasionally copper.

never heard of lead. learn something new everyday I guess. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts