Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-2005 G6
Yea so I gave up trying to fix the radio. Id like to install this aftermarket one I had lying around if its not too much trouble.
This is really the only kit I can find but it says it will not work with Monsoon.

I dont care if I lose my DIC or chimes and I just have cruise control on the steering wheel. When it says will not work with Monsoon are they referring to these things or will it not work at all?

Has anyone with Monsoon done an AM install with this kit? Would I need anything else?
I have read things about maybe needing to bypass the amp. Will the radio play with low volume if you do this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would suggest buying the Crutchfield install manual for these cars! It is $9.95 or free if you buy some speakers or an Amp , Harnesses, or whatever! They have VERY knowledgable Techs to help also! Everything is in there on how to deal with these Monsoon systems etc. Well worth the money!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would suggest buying the Crutchfield install manual for these cars! It is $9.95 or free if you buy some speakers or an Amp , Harnesses, or whatever! They have VERY knowledgable Techs to help also! Everything is in there on how to deal with these Monsoon systems etc. Well worth the money!!
I spoke to them and they say all I can do is use their pac interface so they are pretty much useless in my situation.
Ive decided to just bypass my amp. I have most of the wiring sorted out but I cant seem to find any 05 monsoon wiring diagrams to verify. Its like they do not even exist. Finding info for this car has been nearly impossible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke to them and they say all I can do is use their pac interface so they are pretty much useless in my situation.
Ive decided to just bypass my amp. I have most of the wiring sorted out but I cant seem to find any 05 monsoon wiring diagrams to verify. Its like they do not even exist. Finding info for this car has been nearly impossible.
I found this wiring diagram when I did a search. The color codes should help you figure out most of the wires involved. There are other sources for diagrams but offhand I can't remember where I saw them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found this wiring diagram when I did a search. The color codes should help you figure out most of the wires involved. There are other sources for diagrams but offhand I can't remember where I saw them.
Thanks but this does not match my vehicle. I know pretty much what the colors go to but I dont have a way to actually test the wires and some of the colors are hard to tell like tans and light greens etc. so yea Im looking for a diagram or a chart like this but for my vehicle. My amp has 2 clips, one with 8 pins and one with 24. I would think there would be one with all the wires from the radio but it does not seem to be that way. The radio has 16 pins.
The issue Im having is the radio has a green and light green but one of the speakers also has the same colors so Im not sure which is which because all the speaker pairs are twisted together at the amp but there is only 1 pair of green and light green wires!
All I think is left over is a green and light green/black pair but these seem smaller gauge than the green/light green speaker wires so im confused why the radio wire is light green but without the black stripe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You didn't mention which model you have. The 8 speaker GT version, Convert, Sedan. how many speakers etc. By grabbing just any radio and slapping it in there you are getting into uncharted territory. The radio should match up with the Amp and speakers. The monsoon system uses low impedance 2 Ohm speakers that match up with their Amp. I know Crutchfield urges people to bypass the factory amp and run new wires and connectors if you change out the speakers or even the source. They have to be matched to work properly. You might post something on the Pontiac G6 Owners Club site on Facebook. There are a lot of folks on there that have upgraded their systems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You didn't mention which model you have. The 8 speaker GT version, Convert, Sedan. how many speakers etc. By grabbing just any radio and slapping it in there you are getting into uncharted territory. The radio should match up with the Amp and speakers. The monsoon system uses low impedance 2 Ohm speakers that match up with their Amp. I know Crutchfield urges people to bypass the factory amp and run new wires and connectors if you change out the speakers or even the source. They have to be matched to work properly. You might post something on the Pontiac G6 Owners Club site on Facebook. There are a lot of folks on there that have upgraded their systems.
Its a 4 door sedan. I am bypassing the amp. I am trying to do what this guy did...

I believe I have 4 speakers and 2 tweeters like he does because the wiring is mostly the same. I am just confused about those 4 wires basically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts