Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a Remote source in the back? I tried all the fuse panel connections in the truck and they all appear to be live with key off. Has anyone installed an amp yet?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I might be able to help :) - Do you have a factory sunroof???

This is all UNOFFICIAL information, of course

I realize you have a G6 V6 so you don't have factory Amplifier. If your "remote" source needs only a small amount of power then I could suggest you tap off the radio "ON" output from radio which goes to the antenna amplifier. However you will need to check it and make sure it is powered up when you need it since on your vehicle it is likely set up for "antenna" moding rather than "amplifier" moding. The wiring for this thing runs up passenger side "C" pillar next to rear glass but you might find it under trim around right rear seat (pink wire). As it goes up "C" pillar it is taped to your AM/FM coax cable

Having said all that this next suggestion is probably easier....

There is a wire which passes thru the "fuse panel" that you were looking at (but isn't found on any fuse on front - go figure). So if you figured out how to pop the fuse panel off sheet metal (really easy, just a single lever on top and then slide whole unit out of keyway slots) turn it over and look at it. Find the black connector (largest one). Find cavity F2 on this connector (will be on one side 2nd terminal from end). You will see a Yellow wire in that cavity. Just splice into it to get access to an ACCESSORY power feed which will be "HOT" when ignition switch is in RUN or ACCY or for 10 minutes after ignition turned off until a door is opened. There will be a slight mismatch with radio operation which will stay working even with a passenger door opened (it only shuts off on driver door open). This wire is fed off a 10 Amp fuse in another part of vehicle, by the way.

If you didn't have a sunroof you could make this a real clean installation and remove wire from connector and just splice to whatever you were trying to power up because is isn't used for anything else.

Anyways this was just hypothetical, right? LOL

Disclaimers, etc...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have a sunroof..but I think that information is plenty enough to help out!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
152 Posts
i tapped into an HVAC wire also.. that was before i installed a new hu.. then i installed the hu.. and used that HVAC lead to turn on my hu.. and ran my subs off of the hu turn on lead.. stereo sounds a million times better with a good aftermarket hu.. yes.. u lose controls and i was a big stickler for keeping all functionality.. but.. the sound is just too good..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone help me out. can u tell me what to hook up the line converter up to and the remote wire on the amp to the radio thanks. i got monsoon to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts