Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Amp problems

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Twisted_Heat 
#1 ·
Does anybody have problems with their amps turning off, while plain. Does the factory amp thats in the trunk have anything to do with a aftermarked amp?? I have the amp gain 1/2 way up and it still sumtimes turns off, the sub sounds good amp isent getting hot??!! :confused:

#4 ·
sleepless said:
Does anybody have problems with their amps turning off, while plain. Does the factory amp thats in the trunk have anything to do with a aftermarked amp?? I have the amp gain 1/2 way up and it still sumtimes turns off, the sub sounds good amp isent getting hot??!! :confused:

Don't know if the factory amp has anything to do with it or not, but if the factory one is still hooked up, watch out for it. My G6 is only 6 months old and I've already had the factory amp replaced.

#16 ·
I'm looking at putting in a R/F Punch 10" and running it with a 300W R/F Mono Amp...I 'm going to run into the Factory amp...just for the sound and Remote. Should fill out the lows even more...I tell you though..the monsoon stock doesn't sound too bad...I just need more BASS!...

I've got a rattle in the headliner above the mirror. Gonna find it and fill it.....

SBM

#19 ·
G-Ride

I just took these picures of my system, I have Two 12" Alpine Type X subwoofer each with a MRD-M1005on each and a 3 farad Stinger capacitor, I also have a pioneer 12 disc CD changer, for the deck I have an AVIC-N2 and for highs i use the factory amp and it sounds GREAT!!! adjusted correctly. My whole trunk is also dynamtted. I will take better pictures tomorrow in the daylight, tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.