Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo went out recently and I took it all apart yesterday and took it into my local audio shop for them to look at. It ended up being my stock monsoon amp. I have a sunroof in my G6 and had leaking from the drain hoses being disconnected. (this was a recall on the g6 and was fixed free of charge) The amp went out because of water in the amp and I'm sure that's from when the sunroof leaked into my trunk. Would this repair be covered by a recall???:confused: It's only going to cost $100 to fix but free is way better! Thanks for any info you can provide!!

2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe Fusion Metallic Orange

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ask the dealership????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm going to do in the morning.. I was just looking to see if anyone knew about this for sure or had the same problem. I will defiantly post what I find out..

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
I have a sunroof in my G6 and had leaking from the drain hoses being disconnected. The amp went out because of water in the amp and I'm sure that's from when the sunroof leaked into my trunk.
Well if you make sure you tell them that its from the sunroof that was faulty, i would think they would have to fix it, because its the fault of another malfunctioning warranted part. Make sure you dont ask the dealer, you tell them! Any proof that its from that would help in your argument.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts