Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some have complained about my posts, so this for you:

An apology. Most of my posts may "seem" like they are being rude or abnoxious, but that is NOT the intention. I'm an emotional poster, I use "quotes" and CAPITALS to create emphasis, not to poke or be rude. I'm not a politcally correct poster. I state my mind and my opinion, but I (almost [have to say that]) NEVER insult any person. I only ever debate or attack the information in a post. But one thing I will do is make corrections when I see them. So I guess I apologize for that as well, though I won't stop that. I've seen too many people get bogus info and it come back to haunt them.

So I apologize.

·
Registered
423 Posts
hey, dude....don't appologize for being yourself!!! what makes this site great is the mix of people like you, me and all the other 'idiots' out there!!! oh, great, now all YOUR 'fan mail' will be coming to ME!!!

i always speak my mind as well. usually its only if someone has asked for info or help, but at times i HAVE offered an 'unsolicited opinion' or two as well. and just like everyone else on this site (e2helper excluded) i have stated things, unintentionally, that i didn't check out the facts first, such as the number of speakers in a G6 GT Sedan with the Monsoon. i was wrong and posted my error. hey, if i never made a mistake, you might think i was Shawn!!!! LOL

anyway, just keep posting as you have been. if you hurt someones 'feelings' along the way, then so be it. as long as its not your INTENTION to do so. afterall, we can't be responsible for how others 'perceive' our comments, now can we?

stepping down off the soapbox now......

kevin

·
Registered
314 Posts
This board is currently at a size where the active posters are close to one another, and as a result, there is a closer bond. When the group gets bigger (compare to GAOC), there will be a lot more clashing perspectives :).

·
Registered
423 Posts
Blackrider said:
Don’t even worry about it man, some people are just to sensitive
YEA!!!! for all you 'Too Sensitive Types' out there, maybe you should go join the Toyota Prius Owners Club and save a tree or whale or something... :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it weren't for people like you who have strong opinions, I would have put that huge wing on my trunk weeks ago!!! :rolleyes:
Keep up the posts!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the apology Miscreant. I had stated in another post before this all happend, that you have to be careful b/c different people take things different ways, this was when someone else got upset with you.

We should all be able to get along. :rolleyes:

For those of you that don't agree with myself getting upset, take a look back at other posts, I'm not the first person Miscreant has upset. I know he has upset smiles, but there are still others. Those of you that agree with the way he addresses people have not been addressed by him like we have.

G6Action, you have never posted anything remarkable close to the way Miscreant has.

It has nothing to do with being sensitive, it's about having some pride and when you feel like someone is talking down to you, you don't sit there and take it, you take up for yourself, don't you? Miscreant, you were in the military, you were taught to be stern (Am I correct?). Most of us, if any, are not in the military or ex-military, we're not used to being spoken to in that manner. Anyway, it's over and done with, and I hope we have ALL learned something from this. I know I have.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We are all grownups here and if people get offended when he tells them that they are flat out wrong ect. thats not his problem. I could understand if he called people idiots or morons...
Keep doing what your doing dood it makes for intenerating reading!

And to the people that have a issue with it DONT READ/RESPOND HIS POSTS! Its called self censorship!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Robyn P said:
Thanks for the apology Miscreant. I had stated in another post before this all happend, that you have to be careful b/c different people take things different ways, this was when someone else got upset with you.

We should all be able to get along. :rolleyes:

For those of you that don't agree with myself getting upset, take a look back at other posts, I'm not the first person Miscreant has upset. I know he has upset smiles, but there are still others. Those of you that agree with the way he addresses people have not been addressed by him like we have.

G6Action, you have never posted anything remarkable close to the way Miscreant has.

It has nothing to do with being sensitive, it's about having some pride and when you feel like someone is talking down to you, you don't sit there and take it, you take up for yourself, don't you? Miscreant, you were in the military, you were taught to be stern (Am I correct?). Most of us, if any, are not in the military or ex-military, we're not used to being spoken to in that manner. Anyway, it's over and done with, and I hope we have ALL learned something from this. I know I have.
as we all know, on the net its difficult to pick up on emotions and the 'spirit' of which someones posts are made. while i may read it one way and find humor in it, someone else reads an entirely different message and is upset. and also, it has been noted, that 'smiles' is multi-lingual and that 'english' may NOT be his/her primary language, so something may have gotten lost in translation as well.

so what we have here is a "Failure to Communicate" in which one person began using lingo that they are familiar with and assumed that everyone else was as well. you all know what 'assume' means, right? well, i'm not 'assuming' you do, so it means it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'!!!

maybe in the future, for EVERYONES sake, without trying to 'talk down' to others, lets not use terms that some may not be familiar with, like PDI, IAC, PCM, BCM, GM (sorry, we all know THAT one has no meaning!!!) and of course the dreaded MAF, MAP, O2 and MAT.

if you're using a 'term' for the first time on a thread, explain that, for instance, MAF stands for Mass Air Flow or that PDI stands for Pre-Delivery Inspection.

just a thought...... :deal: ok?

p.s. as for 'smiles' and anyone else, if you throw something out there that someone thinks is 'stupid' or 'idiotic', don't be surpirsed if you have to defend yourself. or, you can just let it alone.....its all up to YOU!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
G6Action said:
as we all know, on the net its difficult to pick up on emotions and the 'spirit' of which someones posts are made. while i may read it one way and find humor in it, someone else reads an entirely different message and is upset. and also, it has been noted, that 'smiles' is multi-lingual and that 'english' may NOT be his/her primary language, so something may have gotten lost in translation as well.

so what we have here is a "Failure to Communicate" in which one person began using lingo that they are familiar with and assumed that everyone else was as well. you all know what 'assume' means, right? well, i'm not 'assuming' you do, so it means it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'!!!

maybe in the future, for EVERYONES sake, without trying to 'talk down' to others, lets not use terms that some may not be familiar with, like PDI, IAC, PCM, BCM, GM (sorry, we all know THAT one has no meaning!!!) and of course the dreaded MAF, MAP, O2 and MAT.

if you're using a 'term' for the first time on a thread, explain that, for instance, MAF stands for Mass Air Flow or that PDI stands for Pre-Delivery Inspection.

just a thought...... :deal: ok?

Way to step in and be a mediator! :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Robyn P said:
Way to step in and be a mediator! :)
ah, yes.....i think it was a talent with which i was blessed at birth. i have many 'middle' names that i go by;

"Stupid"
"Mediator"
"Idiot"
"Loser"
"Egocentric"
"Sh*thead"

and originally my plan was to use an acronym for these names bestowed upon me, but i have since found that someone else beat me to it!!! :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts