Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
;)
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good!! what you use for the window frames?
I used a 1/4 inch trim with 3m tape on the back. the bottom trim is a little larger but I didnt want it to be too chunky all the way around, its centered so there is a little black on both sides of the 1/4".

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I wouldn't recommend painting wires as the solvent can attack the insulation and cause it to fail over a period of 3 - 36 months. This does depend on which type of paint was used, which determines the solvent.

But hey, it looks cool!

~ MattInSoCal

·
;)
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't recommend painting wires as the solvent can attack the insulation and cause it to fail over a period of 3 - 36 months. This does depend on which type of paint was used, which determines the solvent.

But hey, it looks cool!

~ MattInSoCal
I wouldnt paint wires. They are the same plastic coverings as the stock black which had to be removed & replaced with red. Very simple

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I wouldnt paint wires. They are the same plastic coverings as the stock black which had to be removed & replaced with red. Very simple
Ah, gotcha. It's a little hard to tell from the size of the picture and with the caption, well...

Looks great.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Jimmy B.
136 Posts
Those wire coverings look pretty nice and look like an easy mod- where did you get them?

·
;)
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine at Pep Boys but your local autozone or advanced auto parts stores might have them as well. If u decide to do it there r 1/4" & 1/2" coverings needed. I also saw a royal blue color which would go good for u jp but the wires aren't noticeable with the engine cover.

·
;)
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my trim from Pepboys. Im sure Advanced Auto or Autozone has it as well. The 3m tape comes already on the trim. Just peel & place

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I agree that the red loom looks so good, that I had to copy you! I think in looking at your pictures that I went farther than you. I bought about 250 feet total of loom in four sizes from 1/4 to 3/4 inch intending to do pretty much the whole engine compartment. Then I saw what a PITA it would be (you'd basically need to pull the engine and trans to get them all) so I dialed it back a little and did only what I could reasonably get to.

I wish that I had bought 5/8" for the part that goes to the ABS connector, but I managed to make it work with 3/4".

~ MattInSoCal

·
;)
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Looks real nice. Ill eventually get more done when spring comes around. Do u still use your engine cover cuz i dont. So i guess u like the black tape more then the red which breaks it up in a good way:bigok:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts