Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into the dealership to get a oil change, tire rotation, etc. Well when they got done with it they told me that I have another bent wheel. I haven't hit any pot holes or anything like that. Not that should of bent my wheel I wouldn't think. Does anyone know where I can get some good cheap rims? The manager told me that they see all kinds of G6's in there with bent wheels and he's not sure why. It's going to cost me $201 to get another wheel but they said it is fine to drive on it because it's a small bend which doesn't affect anything. Is anyone else having that much trouble with their wheels bending? :confused: This is my second one since Feb. when I bought the car.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
I just posted about that on another guys thread who had a bent wheel.
Yes I bent 3 and replaced all then chucked em for aftermarket.

New aftermarket is half the price of these things used. Plus it isnt soft metal.

I have been running on mine now for over a year with NO issues.

replace with aftermarket. Youll be glad that you did.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In your opinion would I be better off trying to find some online or locally? I tried at one local tire place and they wouldn't even help me because they said something about the vin number and it having to be a particular rim and they had bad experiences with them. Also do you remember about how much your set cost you? Sorry for so many questions but I don't know the first thing about wheels/rims. Thanks so much. Also any brand suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts